Pulled over and stopped at a DUI checkpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he has a CCL, or he would not have risked an altercation with the Law.

Why not ?, what he did or didnt do is not a revokeable offence

.I act the same way , always , but then I was taught how to act.
Some people just take this stuff way too serious, learn what your rights are ,and dont back down
Be polite, be curteous and have a plan to get out of whatever situation you got your axx into , simple... ;)

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why not ?, what he did or didnt do is not a revokeable offence

.I act the same way , always , but then I was taught how to act.
Some people just take this stuff way too serious, learn what your rights are ,and dont back down
Be polite, be curteous and have a plan to get out of whatever situation you got your axx into , simple... ;)

Twoguns, what I'm saying is if his attitude angered the LEOs enough, they could have found a reason to put him in jail. And then he would lose his CCL probably - especially if they accused him of assaulting a Police Officer. When he got out of the car, he could have "slipped" and "fell down" and what if he did accidentally run into the officer and fall down? Well, he might just come up in such a way as to appear beligerent. If he's happy with his achievement on YouTube and OSA and myriad other sites, fine. But I don't think he has a CCL, and I don't think he's ever been stomped by MPs. I would seek to avoid confrontation with LEOs because I don't want to lose my CCL.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya 0311, the driver seemed like a jerk trying to provoke something.
But he was well within his rights ,starting from not rolling his window down, but then some say only enough to pass your ID through, which he wasnt going to do either.

Yeah if they want to find something ,they will, or I guess in his case they wont, just takes a little longer to get where your going.... ;)

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Twoguns, do you carry two guns? I have wondered that from time to time because of your name. I carry a Charter Arms Bulldog in a pancake on a gun belt, and a Glock 30 on the small of my back in an IWB. I always go with two.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My name was accidental, but yes G30 right hip, 6 shot Taurus left back, so yea and theres usually a rifle/shotgun under the back seat of the P/U.
When I change out its SW M&p40, 642 left back .
Faster reloads, malfunction reduction, if one dont work,dammit I hope the other one does or Im gonna have to get to the truck...LOL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeh! There is comfort in a redundant system that works! I even carry completely different munitions in the Glock than I do the Bulldog.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Act like a jerk and you will likely turn the LEOs into Jerks. This guy asked for it and he got it. Beyond that Checkpoints are legal ,random checks are not and you are required to show ID, registration, proof of insurance etc at a check point if asked.
DFarcher is correct. The courts have upheld DUI checkpoints so long as they comply with certain guidelines. They can ask for ur license, insurance, and run standard record checks. I dont like it but it is legal. There is not much left of the 4th Amendment.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so the dog did detect an illegal substance? why, then, didn't the officer's find anything?
or did the dog not alert, and the cops merely said it did?
For purposes of probable cause, a good drug dog can only indicate drugs have been present. The residual scent can remain after the drugs have been removed. So does a positive alert actually provide probable cause to believe
drugs are now present? I think not. It may provide suspicion but that is not enough for the vehicle exception to the warrant reqirement. My reasoning is flawless. Too bad you cant get most judges to agree.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DFarcher is correct. The courts have upheld DUI checkpoints so long as they comply with certain guidelines. They can ask for ur license, insurance, and run standard record checks. I dont like it but it is legal. There is not much left of the 4th Amendment.

No kidding.

What the NSA is doing with monitoring the world's electronic activity has been deemed "legal."

Latest posts

Top Bottom