Pulled over and stopped at a DUI checkpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been through checkpoints before and I have been stopped numerous times. I have never once argued with an officer. For starters it will only make things worse. I don't see what the big deal was for the man to just roll his window down and cooperate. That is what I would have done and I would have been on my way faster. The guy may have been right but was it really worth it? Sounds to me like he just wanted to cause a scene. Just my opinion though. I have learned throughout my life that when you disrespect a police officer they are gonna treat you like dirt. And rightfully so. That is why I have always shown respect. And yes, some will be jerks anyway. But that is life. But at the same time the cops did violate some liberties there. And it was hilarious to watch both their faces when they realized they were being filmed. And they were trying to talk about him not knowing they were on camera. :lmfao:

There are some of these guys a$$hats who think it's their calling in life to school LEOs on the Constitution. *rolls eyes*

That said the LEOs in this case were totally out of line and the initial one needs to be junk punched by Mike Tyson in his prime.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your saying that we should comply with unlawful commands because its "common" sense, or that maybe we shouldn't "poke a bear". In saying this, you have suggested that there is no good reason for actions such as in the video. I don't know that I would have done the same as the kid in the video, but he was within his rights.period. He owes No explanation and the cops were clearly in the wrong. Your mention of responsibility for our actions is really irrelevant, unless you're referring to the LEOs.

I don't care if there's a reason or not, much less whether he knows what it is. He had every right to do what he did, no justification needed whatsoever. That still doesn't mean that he made a wise decision, and it still doesn't exempt him from dealing with the outcome resulting from his decision.

I can't make you do anything. You can't make me do anything. Those officers couldn't make the driver do anything. He couldn't make them do anything. Everything that happened to anyone in the video was a direct result of their own choices and actions.

Rights aside, our choices and actions result in consequences - sometimes good, sometimes less desirable - and we alone are responsible for those consequences. When other people are involved they're also responsible for their own choices and actions - but it still doesn't absolve us of responsibility for our own, nor do our actions absolve them of responsibility for theirs.

Anything else results in the whole touchy-feely nanny-mommy "somebody else's fault" mentality that's become so prevalent in the past couple of decades.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because I watched the entire video and it went into detail about the command given to the dog, as well as the video "replaying" it a few times.

Since you didn't watch the entire video,you're wasting your time debating it.

Yea, I just wasted another 4 minutes of my life watching the rest of the video. As I said, it isn't uncommon for K9 officers to tell their dog "check here". The alert itself is a discernible change in behavior. Was the dog in question trained to scratch at drugs, or was he trained to sit?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so the dog did detect an illegal substance? why, then, didn't the officer's find anything?
or did the dog not alert, and the cops merely said it did?

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't there, so I can't say if the dog alerted. Everyone on the Internet, including you and the person filming, cannot say if the dog alerted. if anyone says it didn't alert, it's simply their bias coming through. If the dog didn't alert though, the K9 officer should be fired with a quickness.
As for not finding anything, there are 3 possibilities. The first is they simply didn't find it. It was either in a concealed spot or they searched poorly. The second option is the items were removed prior to the checkpoint. Just because the item is removed doesn't mean the smell is. The final option is a bad alert. Either the dog didn't hit, or it was a false hit.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Norman said:
Just because the item is removed doesn't mean the smell is. The final option is a bad alert. Either the dog didn't hit, or it was a false hit.

The target never has to be there to begin with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last dui check i went through, i rolled down my window, produced all the proper verification, was polite and respectful. when consent to search was asked, i didn't give it, and was questioned about it for 15 minutes, then instructed to pull off the road, and exit the vehicle anyway. "if we find anything, you'll get it thrown out in court, but we'll get possession of it."

if it happens again, if i have time, i'd try and get my camera going, and get the name of the officer.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last dui check i went through, i rolled down my window, produced all the proper verification, was polite and respectful. when consent to search was asked, i didn't give it, and was questioned about it for 15 minutes, then instructed to pull off the road, and exit the vehicle anyway. "if we find anything, you'll get it thrown out in court, but we'll get possession of it."

if it happens again, if i have time, i'd try and get my camera going, and get the name of the officer.

man, I don't see what the problem here is. said a large group of OSAer's

Latest posts

Top Bottom