Pulled over and stopped at a DUI checkpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time for a little humor here. There's a comedian I cant remember if his name is larry the hippie or something along that line. But he says when you go through a checkpoint circle around the block and go through again. If the cops ask you why tell them you are trying to beat your best time.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When law enforcement officials are interviewed about the controversial act of setting up roadblocks and interrogating drivers who have not been drinking, they always reply that these checkpoints always uncover people driving under the influence, uninsured motorists, outstanding warrants, etc., and it's worth it to save some lives.

Gun grabbers use the same argument.

"Confiscating firearms is worth it, if it saves just one life."

For that matter, let's just let law enforcement do a random search of homes in a neighborhood.

Anyway, if you can feel good about being stopped and having to produce "your papers" (license and insurance) randomly, then power to you.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is also the need for common sense. This kid was clearly looking for a problem. Doesn't excuse the douchey reaction of the cop, but geez, the kid was out to provoke someone.

Much in the same way that we gun owners provoke people who trample on the Second Amendment?

Good for him.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is also the need for common sense. This kid was clearly looking for a problem. Doesn't excuse the douchey reaction of the cop, but geez, the kid was out to provoke someone.

There's that common sense thing again. Who defines it? You? While I probably wouldn't do what that kid did, maybe he had a reason. If what he was doing was legal THERE'S your common sense right there.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When law enforcement officials are interviewed about the controversial act of setting up roadblocks and interrogating drivers who have not been drinking, they always reply that these checkpoints always uncover people driving under the influence, uninsured motorists, outstanding warrants, etc., and it's worth it to save some lives.

Gun grabbers use the same argument.

"Confiscating firearms is worth it, if it saves just one life."

For that matter, let's just let law enforcement do a random search of homes in a neighborhood.

Anyway, if you can feel good about being stopped and having to produce "your papers" (license and insurance) randomly, then power to you.

Why, you're not using common sense! If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. I bet there were a few Jews who had similar thoughts once upon a time.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why, you're not using common sense! If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. I bet there were a few Jews who had similar thoughts once upon a time.

What's funny, is that a passenger in my vehicle told me that after a checkpoint out in the middle of nowhere.
I asked him if he'd be okay with police showing up at his house every few years without warning, and searching his house.

He said he had nothing to hide, so it didn't bother him.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LEOs in general are much like the society they serve and from which they come, even if a few forget that part. A cross-section would show there are some really fantastic ones (some of the one's I've been privileged to know), some bad ones and the largest majority are somewhere in between the first two camps. The really good and the really bad one's also seem to earn the reputation for the force as a whole be it good or not. Argue it all you want but there's been a palpable change over the years in attitudes of those involved.

Yes, it's only a minor act of genuflection to the state, so we should just shut up and comply.

The way I look at it my duties as a citizen do not in any way, shape or form include making life easy for 'da police'. It's a tough job to be sure and they have my respect though it is beginning to slip. I trust 'them' as much as I trust anyone else I meet in life which is to say not a damn bit.

I've had more than enough unwarranted negative interactions with the fuzz in recent years to get a clue, sadly.

Ek

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LEOs in general are much like the society they serve and from which they come, even if a few forget that part. A cross-section would show there are some really fantastic ones (some of the one's I've been privileged to know), some bad ones and the largest majority are somewhere in between the first two camps. The really good and the really bad one's also seem to earn the reputation for the force as a whole be it good or not. Argue it all you want but there's been a palpable change over the years in attitudes of those involved.

The way I look at it my duties as a citizen do not in any way, shape or form include making life easy for 'da police'. It's a tough job to be sure and they have my respect though it is beginning to slip. I trust 'them' as much as I trust anyone else I meet in life which is to say not a damn bit.

I've had more than enough unwarranted negative interactions with the fuzz in recent years to get a clue, sadly.

Ek
Agree!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess some of you folks should just let your disagreement with checkpoints be known then. Next time you come up to one just exercise your rights and keep driving since there's no justification for them to be stopping people in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom