Purchase was "Delayed"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BoSox110

If you are found guilty of DUI/DWI I believe it's a felony, if that is the case you won't be getting that new glock in a few days.

I hate to be a jerk but I can't stand people who drink and drive, I worked with a guy who thought he was too cool to get a ride home and ended up totalling out his car hitting a lady with her two kids in the car, everyone is fine now but the kids spent plenty of time in the hospital.

I'm hoping this is a misunderstanding, if you weren't then I apologize.

DWI is driving while impaired and by the way assuming I was drinking shows your ignorance on the subject. I was actually sleep deprived and sitting on the side of the road taking a nap in my truck when a county deputy pulled up and knocked on my window then tested me on the side of the road for 3 hours then "cuffed and stuffed" me just to blow a .00 on the official breathalyzer. However since the officer had already arrested me and done all the paperwork in the computer he detained me over a DWI. So long story short I'll be getting that Glock and by the way a DUI is a misdemeanor in OK.
Have a nice day I take CSS only for the education.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma, DWI is the lesser of the drink driving offences. DUI is the more serious charge. A good attorney should be able to get the DWI plead down to reckless driving or something.

In Texas, it is the opposite. DWI is the more serious offence.

Driving While Impaired (DWI)

If your test results show a BAC of .06 or .07, you can be charged with Driving While Impaired (DWI). If charged in city or municipal court, it will carry a fine and possible jail time. If the charge is filed in State District Court, DWI carries a penalty of a fine up to $500.00 and/or jail time of up to six months in the county jail. DWI only carries a license revocation upon conviction. Most of my DWI clients do not take a conviction and thus, never suffer any license revocations. Some people will confuse this with Driving While Intoxicated which is a Texas law that is the same as our Oklahoma DUI law. There is no such charge as Driving While Intoxicated in Oklahoma.

http://www.okdui.com/ok.dui.penalties

FYI- BoSox110... A Ist offense DUI can be a misd. only if there was no personal injury. It can still cost a person $1,000 and 10 days. Especially if there was property damage involved.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BoSox110 said:
DWI is driving while impaired and by the way assuming I was drinking shows your ignorance on the subject. I was actually sleep deprived and sitting on the side of the road taking a nap in my truck when a county deputy pulled up and knocked on my window then tested me on the side of the road for 3 hours then "cuffed and stuffed" me just to blow a .00 on the official breathalyzer. However since the officer had already arrested me and done all the paperwork in the computer he detained me over a DWI. So long story short I'll be getting that Glock and by the way a DUI is a misdemeanor in OK.

90% of people who get DWI are drinking our under the influence of drugs. And no a dui is only a misdemeanor under certain circumstance. It should always be a felony.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a DWI or a DUI, you will ALWAYS be delayed with an NCIS check. This is really common.

Most the time you're looking at a week delay.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Interesting. If said info is complete, sounds like you did the responsible thing and pulled over for some sleep but the LEO couldn't stand being wrong. If you blew a .00 how did he charge you with that? (I know nothing about how that works). Was it just his word saying you seemed impaired? That's the problem with leaving too much up to the opinions of officers. It should be clear cut. If they want to use opinion to make you blow, fine. Once you blow clean that should be it.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He could be impaired for things other than alcohol....prescription drug abuse being one...

If the officer had thought that he was under the influence of drugs, he'd have wanted a blood test. Since he didn't seek a blood test.. shows he was just being a A-hole in my opinion. Plus the OP wrote he was detained 3 hours before the administration of the breath test.. if I remember right, the breath test isn't valid if not administered within 1 hour of the stop. If the detainee is throwing-up it invalidates the test because the stomach contents in the mouth could give a false reading.

I don't remember what the time limit for administering a blood test is.... but sounds to me like the police officer was just F-ing with the OP... to sorry to admit he didn't have a case.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma, DWI is the lesser of the drink driving offences. DUI is the more serious charge. A good attorney should be able to get the DWI plead down to reckless driving or something.
I can attest to that.and you'll still be able to get a carry permit.
I hope this episode has taught you something as it did for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom