Purchase was "Delayed"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good reason to get your drink and wait til you get home to consume it and not go anywhere else. Not trying to get down on the OP but there are other concerns like a family in another car .

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the Officer may have arrested him for APC "Actual Physical Control" of a motor vehicle while intoxicated. I agree that any test should have been given within one hour of the contact.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really sure how you could've been arrested for DWI. In OK, DWI only applies if you blow a BAC of .06-.08. You can be arrested for DUI and blow a .00 and still be convicted, either for drugs, sleep deprevation, etc. Hell, you can be arrested for DUI without a field sobriety test if the officer feels he/she can articulate impairment. Not smart on the officer's end, but it can be done.

Either way, not poo-pooing you because I did read where you told your story, unlike some others :)

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DWI is driving while impaired and by the way assuming I was drinking shows your ignorance on the subject. I was actually sleep deprived and sitting on the side of the road taking a nap in my truck when a county deputy pulled up and knocked on my window then tested me on the side of the road for 3 hours then "cuffed and stuffed" me just to blow a .00 on the official breathalyzer. However since the officer had already arrested me and done all the paperwork in the computer he detained me over a DWI. So long story short I'll be getting that Glock and by the way a DUI is a misdemeanor in OK.
Have a nice day I take CSS only for the education.
sounds like theres more to that story. If you weren't driving but had intent or could drive that should have been a APC not DWI........

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...fixed it
Thats why no blow ,no blood....let the lawyer deal with it

someone correct me if I am wrong...but I believe refusal of breath test and/or blood test results in suspension of license in OK...correct?

EDIT: just reading over the oklahoma drivers manual and it states "The very act of driving or being in actual physical control of a motor vehicle means that you have agreed to take one or more tests to determine your blood alcohol content (BAC). This law applies to everyone, residents and nonresidents alike. Refusal to take the test upon request by a law enforcement officer will result in an automatic revocation of your driving privilege, even if you have not been drinking. If you have been drinking, the test will determine the BAC level. If the BAC level is 0.08 or more (or any measurable amount if you are under 21 years old), your driver license will be revoked-even if you are not convicted in
court of driving under the influence (DUI)."

Latest posts

Top Bottom