Quail Season could be another good one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a covey yesterday with the smallest quail I have ever seen. Im surprised they could fly. They looked like parakeets.
With the moderate temperatures, (below 100) and good cover, I thought I'd seen some nesting pairs at the farm. Your visual confirms another hatch. I'm excited for the season opener.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only seen a few quail on the property that I deer hunt on in the past, but I kicked up a covey of a dozen birds the first day that I went bow hunting this year. I've seen several more since then. As everyone else has said, the numbers sure seem to be up compared to the past.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 3 year old dog got very sick about a month ago and stayed that way. Over $5k in vet bills and a lot of sleepless nights, and he's finally hopefully starting to come back around. Gonna take a while to put back on all the weight he lost - from 65lbs down to 53 at one point. It's gonna be a late start on the season for us after 9 months of anticipation but with the weather such that its been, I'm not overly eager to get out there and mix it up with rattlers, ticks, and poor scenting conditions.

Those of you who are already chasing birds, save some for us.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After ultrasounds and endoscopy and barium contrast imaging and chest X-rays and every blood test known to man we've arrived at a possible diagnosis of irritable bowel disease possibly triggered by a food sensitivity as a result of nothing we can pinpoint.

Picked up my shotgun tonight and he was ready to go. Finally acting himself

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck so far? After hunting pheasant over great dogs this past weekend I've got the bug for a pointer pretty bad. Really liked the English Pointer our guide had. He also had a Setter and a GSP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom