Question about beltless holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to carry a 1911, you probably will have to learn.

Or anything else, for that matter, that's bigger than a cap gun.

I can wear my Kahr P9 and MTAC in athletic shorts, but they have to be pulled up in 5 minute intervals. Just saying.

RidgeHunter said:
I worked with a guy a couple years ago that wore jeans and a tucked in Polo shirt every day with no belt. For some reason, this triggered my OCD and it was all I concentrate on when in the same room as him. Why it bothered me so much, I can't explain. It would have been better if he didn't tuck the shirt in. The combo of the jeans and tuck with no belt freaked me out for some reason.

Tucked and no belt drives me nuts more than any other clothing related issue...it's just not right.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like every iwb/owb concealment holsters require the use of a belt..

Well the main problem is I don't wear a belt never have and probably never will. What are the only kinds of IWB's or OWB's holsters that require no belts? I have seen on you tube that the Cross Breed Holsters seem like the one for me, but I think it requires a belt as well.

Don't want an ankle, shoulder, fanny packs either. Please help me figure out would would be great for a Kimber Pro series. Thanks and happy Memorial day weekend!

:soldiers:

I'm sorry, this just keeps bothering me - you're willing to wear a gun and deal with the lifestyle changes that it requires, but you're not willing to wear a belt? Something tells me you're not going to be carrying much.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to have that checked out ;)

That among many other things, my friend.:thumb:

Tucked and no belt drives me nuts more than any other clothing related issue...it's just not right.

I'm not alone! It about drove me up a wall. It was as if he got up to walk the dog in the middle of the night, threw on some jeans from the hamper...and just decided "Screw it, this'll work!" It always seemed like he was just a big yawn and the flip of a button away from dropping his drawers and going back to bed. Disturbing.

I feel the same way about guys with t-shirts tucked into sweatpants at Lowes or the grocery store. At least leave the shirt untucked, so it hides the fact that there is no real tangible mechanism securing the loose cotton draped over your goobers.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sounds like you and I had the same junior high principal enforcing the same dress code, circa 1967: no untucked shirts and pants with belt loops required a belt.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to not wear belts. Then I started carrying. Now I can't hardly not wear a quality belt. Mostly because I'm packing, but even when I'm not. just don't feel right anymore. You'll get used to it once you feel the difference in the comfort of the gun.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CrossBreed ones have clips and it seems like it is pointless to wear a belt bc of the outside clips and their position on the clothing. This leaves me in awwww and a big question mark....

I think a lot about the weight of a pistola! Well the thought of paddle holsters might be an idea, just thought that it might not be as concealable. Guess I could buy a belt (huhhhhhhhh) and try it. I think it'll be like pulling teeth! Anyway, the iwb clip holsters someone was taking about earlier triggered my attention, I know Looper Leather of OKC has one for full to mid sized 1911's. Keep the idears coming. (By the way I have OCD too) and the thought of sweatpants drives me insane,,,,,

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UBG makes an IWB with a clip that might hold on pants (and might not). Safariland makes a paddle holster with a hook inside the waistband that's pretty tough to get off without undoig your pants.

The big reasons to me for wearing a belt are to stabilize the rig and to reduce the likelihood of a takeaway where the holster and gun come off as one. Stability aids concealment and retention is a must.

Latest posts

Top Bottom