Question asked at my pediatricians office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do need to read it again. Nobody in his Ped's visit asked him about gun ownership, but you're convinced they're asking him if he owns guns on forms that he fills out. Neither is the case. Start over, you get a mulligan here.

Is the OP's pediatrician a member of the AAP? How would you know? You're assuming an awful lot here.

Which other causes of death by unintentional injury are off the table for a pediatrician to try to talk to a parent about?

No, YOU didn't read what I posted directly above. READ IT AGAIN. Here, let me help you:
9 month olds check-up; asked if guns are in the house
See where I wrote "in the house"??? Can you see it now? Also, I didn't say "forms he fills out", I said "they asked". Is English your first language? You're parsing my posts incorrectly, which is why I ask. :) Either way, it really doesn't matter at all. When the California gun cops come calling, they don't say they're there for any guns you "own", they say they're there for "any guns in the home". They could care less who "owns" them and you know that. Don't play dumb, it's unbecoming. :)

As for the membership status of the OP's Dr., irrelevant. The doc doesn't create the survey, they just use what they're given. How many independent family docs can you name? Now how many work for "medical groups" that just go with the flow? Now, how many of those reports created by anti-gun medical associations are reported back to said groups for "statistical purposes"? Yes I'm assuming on this point, but it's a pretty safe assumption.

Hahaha! Touche`! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, YOU didn't read what I posted directly above. READ IT AGAIN. Here, let me help you: See where I wrote "in the house"??? Can you see it now? Also, I didn't say "forms he fills out", I said "they asked". Is English your first language? You're parsing my posts incorrectly, which is why I ask. :) Either way, it really doesn't matter at all. When the California gun cops come calling, they don't say they're there for any guns you "own", they say they're there for "any guns in the home". They could care less who "owns" them and you know that. Don't play dumb, it's unbecoming. :)

You need to read your own posts. You're contradicting yourself and you think you're being clever.
Ctl+F "Categorizing"

It's just more redirections. LET'S MAKE THEM CAPS LOCK TOO. You're trying to cop out on this but you're still riding the same balogna pony. When you go in for a Peds visit they're going to try to talk to you about all of this stuff, especially if it's your first child. That's their job. It's not some sort of liberal conspiracy. tRidiot laid out a lot of this in post #45... this is what pediatricians do. If you don't want to talk to a Pediatrician about any of that stuff, why are you even there? If you just want to get the kid a vaccine then go to the Health Department and you can save yourself a high horse ride.

At this point you're beyond the apogee of the guy getting upset because the OHP asked him where he was headed.

Which other causes of death by unintentional injury are off the table for a pediatrician to try to talk to a parent about?

As for the membership status of the OP's Dr., irrelevant. The doc doesn't create the survey, they just use what they're given. How many independent family docs can you name? Now how many work for "medical groups" that just go with the flow? Now, how many of those reports created by anti-gun medical associations are reported back to said groups for "statistical purposes"? Yes I'm assuming on this point, but it's a pretty safe assumption.

If it's irrelevant why are you intent on blathering on about it? If you're asserting that they are members, then these are all questions that you need to answer. You're assuming that they were even running on a survey... again with the assumptions... man you sure know more about the OP's visit than the OP does.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Categorizing you as a gun owner on a medical record, doesn't.

Bottom line. All the rest is BS.

Example:
Do you grow a garden? if so, what chemicals do you use? I see those chemicals MIGHT have caused cancer in California. You are guilty of child abuse if you feed those veggi's to your kids.

When does the stupidity end?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bottom line. All the rest is BS.

Example:
Do you grow a garden? if so, what chemicals do you use? I see those chemicals MIGHT have caused cancer in California. You are guilty of child abuse if you feed those veggi's to your kids.

When does the stupidity end?

As long as we're fantasizing it would be more like:
Do you own guns? Where do you keep them? Loaded on the coffee table?! Are there any vaccum cleaners nearby? No? Okay then they can play in the living room.

Now if the Ped asks about the kids carseat then I'm going to blow a gasket though. I'm not here for your expertise, lady. You're not a certified carseat safety technician, so eat me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are the majority of physicians gun experts that ask these questions? Some may be according to prior posts.

So is this whole subject overblown? Any info/links about how much this has decreased crime, or increased crime by people that confess to owning a gun ?

We need to see a study that proves this.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like the AAP is making a push not to just fill out forms but to talk to the parents about safe gun storage. Whether that's really effective (they believe it is), who knows.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/10/15/peds.2012-2481.full.pdf
[R]esults of a large national
randomized controlled trial demon-
strated that brief physician counsel-
ing directed at parents, combined
with distribution of gunlocks, may be
effective in promoting safer storage of
guns in homes with children.
A recent randomized controlled trial
found that a safe storage campaign
with gun safe distribution was both
feasible and effective at limiting
household exposure to unlocked and
loaded guns.

52. Barkin SL, Finch SA, Ip EH, et al. Is
office-based counseling about media use, time-
outs, and firearm storage effective? Results
from a cluster-randomized, controlled trial.
Pediatrics
. 2008;122(1). Available at: www.
pediatrics.org/cgi/content/full/122/1/e15

53. Grossman DC, Stafford HA, Koepsell TD, Hill
R, Retzer KD, Jones W. Improving
firearm storage in Alaska native villages: a ran-
domized trial of household gun cabinets.
Am J Public Health
. 2012;102(suppl 2):
S291–S297

Bring on the conspiracies, we need some more in this thread.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny who the supporters are, here again....

My experience with this crap, was taking care of my Dad before he passed from esophageal cancer. Kaiser San Francisco wanted a subcontractor for a home visit. They asked the "fire arms question". I asked why they weren't concerned with the greatest killer in the country, slips, trips and falls. If they, we, were really concerned about safety they'd be asking about stairs and curbs. How ever, the ever present agenda is exactly that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom