Question for teh USSA peeps.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Contracts are for suckers. If the place is run right and offers all the shooting areas like USSA does why would a person want to stop paying the monthly fee? I wouldn't! It's when USSA let's stuff break or doesn't do up keep and then your still stuck with a contract. Not saying USSA has done this but there is a chance. Like a fitness center that let's **** break down and you're stuck with your contract.

Not knocking USSA, its a great place and I would love to be a member since I only live 7 miles away, but I refuse to do a contract. Now when they let me join for the their 3 year contract price of $30 month, I'll join and won't stop my membership unless the facilities go to hell.

Just me two pennies....

I see. I understand your reservations. So where do you shoot if you dont mind me asking?

If they range was ever going to get run down it would have been these last few months. We have gone through the toughest period ever and are still tier 1.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
A business like USSA could not exist without Service Agreements. That is what builds value in the company. Without them they would be nothing more than a piece of land with a couple of nice buildings.

My problem is I really wouldn't take advantage of such a world class facility enough to reap the benefit.

Now, my 21yr old boy is a different story. He is all excited about taking his CC class and getting a free month to enjoy all he can and convince his "ball and chain" that 30 bucks a month is money well spent.

I will be sending him over to Steve shortly.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we wanna see USSA succeed and find someone willing to take over the payments, the thing that would probably help them the most is a thick book of members under contract.
(No, I'm not a member yet. I hope I can afford it soon)

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
If we wanna see USSA succeed and find someone willing to take over the payments, the thing that would probably help them the most is a thick book of members under contract.
(No, I'm not a member yet. I hope I can afford it soon)

Great point. I would like to add that our future is pretty secure right now. We will see what happens in the future regarding the memberships and prices. I have no clue what the new plan will be.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but thought this would be an ok place.

If I join as a member can I bring my wife and or kids to shoot anytime or would those go against guest passes?

Also can training group be added to trigger time membership later on or do you need to do it all at once? Also curious if you thought other classes would be offered in the future besides the ones listed on the schedule. My thoughts were I would not want to commit to 3 years with the added cost If I went through the ones listed there in a few months.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can answer one of your questions. The trigger time membership I am on includes 4 members. No need for a guest pass.

Personally, I have no problem with the contract. It's dirt cheap, and USSA is one of the absolute best ranges in the region. If you're worried about ownership changes, the old contracts will still have to be honored, even if someone else buys it. If you shoot more than once a month, you're ahead of the game compared to day passes.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off anyone who bought it would be stupid not to continue to take in the revenue from current memberships. However the new owners DO NOT have to honor anything. Once they own it they can do as they please.

If someone wants to join they should go ahead and do it. "IF" the new owners decided not to continue current memberships you wouldn't have to continue making payments.

I can tell you for certain the new owners have no intention of running customers off.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you bring someone that has never been there it doesn't use one of your guest passes. The range is top notch, $30 a month is a deal. I believe if you lose your job or just can't pay they will put your membership on hold till you can afford it again.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with a contract at all. I understand the business need to have them.

I will be out there tomorrow to shoot IDPA ( only my second match ever ) If everything sounds good and I can tolerate the drive from BA i'll probably join up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom