Question for the senior members.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it better to enjoy the younger years more and eat whatever you want while you can or take better care of yourself early in attempt to have better health once your 50 and up? Im in shape and in physical good health in my 30's but eat alot of greasy foods and junk.
Seriously, experience would be nice.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being old (69) hurts like a sumbich. Add out of shape after the 69.
My mind wasn't sure about retiring but my body sure as hell was, so I did.
It is NO fun feeling like a burden to everyone.
Take care of you now. IMHO

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wish I was in better health myself. If I had my druthers I'd be in perfect health then just kill over dead when it was my time.
I do not subscribe to the prolong life at all costs idea. Lets say you can extend your life by ten years. Do you get that ten years now in your young healthy body? No, you will get that ten years of extra life tacked on to the end when your body hurts every morning. You will get ten years in a nursing home or a nice extended care facility if your lucky.

I'm all for staying healthy because it does make life easier and more fun. But as for extending your natural life no thanks. Unless I can have those extra years in the body I had in mid life.

Michael

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know plenty of 30 something's that that are thin and appear to be in good shape but couldn't jog a mile without falling over gasping for air. If you think you can eat whatever you like, greasy, salty foods and all when at a you age with no adverse affect when older you have another thing comin'.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know plenty of 30 something's that that are thin and appear to be in good shape but couldn't jog a mile without falling over gasping for air. If you think you can eat whatever you like, greasy, salty foods and all when at a you age with no adverse affect when older you have another thing comin'.

Yep. I know an otherwise fit lady who had a pretty serious gallbladder attack in her 20s from eating pretty much nothing but pizza.

SQUATS AND OATS MAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom