Questions about Red Castle..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me start this off by saying, I've been to Red Castle (as a guest) over the years more times than I can count. So I know the bulk of what is offered, BUT I haven't been in about a year.. and the last time I was there the action pistol bays weren't in the best shape, quite a few broken plates, weeds were pretty grown etc.

I'm finally in a position to pony up the money for a membership, but am not sure I want to spend the money based on my last trip out there..

Can someone give me a no-BS state of things out there? or does anyone know if they allow "tours" if you will, so I could go look over things before mailing in the money?

Thanks!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the cowboy action guys/gals took over the action pistol area and have been improving the area over the last two years. There are a couple other RCG members here and I imagine they will chime in shortly.

I think the indoor range is almost ready to open, too.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a lot of improvements over the past year. Litter is pretty well kept under control now and everyone is asked to do their part to keep the place clean
The plinker range is the worst of them because there are still some people who don't believe their junk is junk or that someone else would enjoy shooting the television they brought and emptied 8 boxes of shotshells into
The cowboy shooting range will never be done, it will be an on going project until John Zink ranch is one big cowboy city. (just kidding) They do have new bathrooms and more than a dozen stages to shoot from, A Hotel is the next project for the cowboy town.
The metal targets in cowboy town are to be shot only with non-jacketed lead.
The metal targets on the pistol range have been changed out but someone keeps shooting them with HP loads and punching them out so they ask only 22's on the reactive range.
They have also designated one lane beside the short rifle target range for 50BMG and it is the only place they will let you shoot a 50 BMG

It is still a great place to go shoot and there is often a gun in every months meeting raffles.
Meetings are held at 11th and zunis on the last monday of the month..
I am presenting this months meeting, going to talk about repair and restoration both by professionals and by gun owners themselves.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But nothing Steel Challenge'ish?

The closest might be the plate rack targets at the mini range at the top of the hill. I'd love to see steel challenge type targets for practicing drills like the El Presidente, but I don't think that's in the works. Bring your own, I guess ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom