raccoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't kill any animal just because they exist. I just don't do it. Oftentimes, problem animals are only problems because of stupid people. Not saying that's the issue with raccoons...just sayin'. There's a lot of stupid people out there and we'd be better off if we could get rid of them instead of animals.

If an animal becomes a problem and I have no choice I'll dispatch them.

I had a fairly good sized creek running thru my property in Idaho. One night I was laying in bed, heard a loud "pop" and saw a shower of sparks thru the bedroom window. Power went out. I could tell there was something wrong with the power pole in the front yard but, in the dark, couldn't tell what it was. Power company was out within an hour or two looking for the problem. I went down to the road and talked with them. They came up to the house and saw the damaged pole. Next morning they came out to repair it. Turns out beavers had knocked over a tree that fell on the lines. Idaho DOW said there is absolutely no provision for taking any wildlife, even nuisance wildlife, out of season and/or without an appropriate license. They didn't care one bit about the destructive beavers.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neighbor had a locked, screened in porch. He kept his dog's food in secured, 55 gal drum.

He was complaining that A 'coon was somehow getting in and seating the dogs food. He couldn't find where it was getting. Other than crapping everywhere and seating lots of dog food, he wasn't very concerned.

Sent him to City Animal Control. They gave him a live trap. In 30 days, he had trapped 27 'coons.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't trap coons to make money. I trap (and kill) because the population of coons is high. They eat/destroy nests of ground nesting birds such as quail and turkey.

I know one guy who trapped over a 100 coons on the 5 acres he lived on within a rural neighborhood. I suspect his numbers were so high because of neighbors wildlife feeders and pet food freebies.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't trap coons to make money. I trap (and kill) because the population of coons is high. They eat/destroy nests of ground nesting birds such as quail and turkey.

I know one guy who trapped over a 100 coons on the 5 acres he lived on within a rural neighborhood. I suspect his numbers were so high because of neighbors wildlife feeders and pet food freebies.

I relocate the coons to a set of double creeks about 5 miles east of me. Everything else in the traps get shot, except the neighbor's cat. I've turned her loose a couple of times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom