raccoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coonchiladas are wonderful!
So I’m told.
When I was young and dumb(er) I relocated a few squirrels from my place to downtown OKC where i never saw squirrels. Now I see them regularly and wonder if I’m a modern day Johnny Appleseed.
I agree with Bassin’ on this subject. Catch them give them swimming lessons in a 55 gal. dRum of water and then toss them on the bison ranch. He won’t care, he’s got way more problems keeping up with 2000 crazy a$$ bison than worrying about any coons live or dead.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know people do eat them, but I I’d have to be in a survival situation to eat one.. I’ll eat squirrel, rabbit, dove, goose, nearly any species of fish, etc. I love game. But the coons, beavers, and opossums are survival situation only for me haha!

When my wife and I first moved out to the country 10 years ago I was a bit more compassionate toward the coons. I relocated a few. Focused on building better poultry enclosures to keep them out instead of killing them, etc. But after 10 years of living out here and seeing the damage they do, and the nonstop population, I’m 100% kill each one caught.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought relocating raccoons was against the regs?

Not if you are moving them from your property to another rural property with both owners permission and knowledge, and not for a commercial reason. The resident busy body got me thinking about it so I called the GW for my county and asked. He said as long as it was happening the way I said it was happening, I was good to go, and in the end, what he thinks is what I give a F about. I do not give 2 F's about what anyone else thinks, especially a busy body. I ain't killing the raccoons if I don't think I need to do so. The warden was okay with that. You guys kill 'em ifin ya want to. That ain't none of my business.

I've killed some that were stumbling around in the day time in the back yard and the pasture, but they looked a little drunk, so I figured they had the rabies. Didn't know, didn't have them checked either. I killed them and buried them.

I also drive above the posted speed limit on occasion.

edited to add - you can't take them across state lines to release them, he did tell me that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom