Rage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
another +1 for g5 montec. i use 125gr in front of 13.4gpi pile driver arrow shafts. heavy arrow with tons of momentum & penetration. just dont trust the light stuff.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Done.

I'm no pig expert, having only taken three so far, but here is the story.

We had some feral hogs around my hunting areas. A person that raised them had them get out. My buddy had them show up at his feeder, and he used his .44 mag to shoot one. Close range at his feeder, and he saw the round hit right behind the front leg. The 100 pounder fell over, then got up and ran off. He never found it, and there isn't a tree within a mile, just wheat field and some draws.

Fast forward to a bow hunt I went on in SE Ok a couple of years ago. It was a group hunt with participants from another forum. One was an editor of Hog Hunt magazine or one of those.

He shot a pig with a .44 mag as well, and as it ran off, shot it again. The second shot killed it. The first shot hit the plate, and there was a perfectly mushroomed bullet just under the hide that never penetrated.

The vitals on a pig are under and forward of the front leg. Shooting one like a deer behind the front legs won't result in a clean kill. They will die later.

I've always hunted with a cut on impact broadhead, never a chisel point. Not that this has anything to do with pigs, but that's always been my preference.

+1... I've seen that plate fracture on a 12a 2.75" 1oz slug at 30yds, but never break. Seen high power rifles punch clean holes in the though.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot the G5 Striker 100gr. I like the that the blades are replaceable, and that I can sharpen them. Plus I like the hardened bone crusher tip.

Disclaimer: I have yet to shoot a deer with one, but they fly excellent and required no tuning/timing to get the to fly like field points.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have used nothing but Thunder Heads for the last 25 yrs. Thinking about trying something else .......................... NAH, I'll stick with what I know works.

brentlyfletch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Using rage 3 blade for the first time this year, now you guys got me spooked lol. Ill still try them out though. Wont knock till "I" try it. Used Muzzys last year and couldn't complain.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't use anything BUT 2 blade rage! Shot plenty of deer with them every deer went less then 50 yards with the exception of the one I shot yesterday! Placed a bad shot on a nice mature doe, shot high and a little far back! Caught the gut, but she went about 150 and expired in 45 min!

2 blade rage are a big thumbs up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom