Rage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Still shooting the vortex out the matthew's and ten-point. I like the G5's accuracy and deer never went far, always falling within sight, but was the worst broad head I've experienced for a blood trail, little to none....sharpened to shave just like the rest too, maybe my experience was unusual with them. Still shooting zwickey and Bears out of my longbow.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you guys got me thinking I might need something else. I bought some muzzys from Wal-Mart. Do I need to take them back and get something different?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot what you want. Everyone has their own opinions and experiences. Just because so and so shot one with blah blah and it didn't leave a blood trail doesn't mean the broadhead sucks. Maybe they missed an artery and got nothing but muscle. Too many variables to say one broadhead is better than all the rest. If after shooting what you chose a few times, if you feel there is something better out there, try it for yourself.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, shoot what YOU got, see how you like them and see how they react. Then make up your mind on what works best for you and what you are CONFIDENT in...that's a biggie, just like in fishing lures/bait. Confidence is a biggie.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .02, I like Montec. To me, the idea of a broadhead made from a single piece of steel just makes sense.

Before I had to graduate to a Xbow I liked the G5 Montec.
The one in the pic is buried in the 3rd vertebra of a pig I took a Texas heart shot on several years ago. It totally shattered the first two before stopping in this one. Couldn't pull the arrow out so I unscrewed it, and recovered it later.
It came out later as the bone dried, and it could be used again without sharpening. I keep it on my desk at work as a conversation piece.

image-2143119714.jpg

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I had to graduate to a Xbow I liked the G5 Montec.
The one in the pic is buried in the 3rd vertebra of a pig I took a Texas heart shot on several years ago. It totally shattered the first two before stopping in this one. Couldn't pull the arrow out so I unscrewed it, and recovered it later.
It came out later as the bone dried, and it could be used again without sharpening. I keep it on my desk at work as a conversation piece.

www.mylespaul.com_forums_images_smilies_thumb.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom