Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool!!
And Done! If floors me I can run this many parts at once given the machines I used to have. The Prusa probably could have done it, but it would have taken multiple days to do. The fact I did this one in 20 hours is astonishing. Here's to the advances in Klipper firmware that made it possible.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My puppies were very fascinated by my filament winder I just finished. The final parts for the motors arrived today and I got it done. You have to respool some filaments (cardboard spooled) or use them on the outside of the Bambu Labs printer I have. The cardboard ones don't get along with the auto material switcher, they spall and gum up the works with cardboard.

PXL_20240104_202243495.jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And Done! If floors me I can run this many parts at once given the machines I used to have. The Prusa probably could have done it, but it would have taken multiple days to do. The fact I did this one in 20 hours is astonishing. Here's to the advances in Klipper firmware that made it possible.
I'd be a nervous wreck if I tried to print half of that on my Ender 3. I have a new enclosure for it that I haven't set up yet that I'm hoping to use for trying out other filaments. So far I've just used PLA and PLA+.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be a nervous wreck if I tried to print half of that on my Ender 3. I have a new enclosure for it that I haven't set up yet that I'm hoping to use for trying out other filaments. So far I've just used PLA and PLA+.
Everyone has to start somewhere, my first printer was a Monoprice clone that predates the Ender design. It was a hot mess, with totally manual everything. I still managed to produce some decent prints with it, so your Ender should do you well until you can get something better, if that is your choice.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone has to start somewhere, my first printer was a Monoprice clone that predates the Ender design. It was a hot mess, with totally manual everything. I still managed to produce some decent prints with it, so your Ender should do you well until you can get something better, if that is your choice.
Don't get me wrong . . . it prints fine. :) I would just fear that something would fail and I'd have to start over with that many prints in the print area.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong . . . it prints fine. :) I would just fear that something would fail and I'd have to start over with that many prints in the print area.
I wouldn't have tried this many prints on one plate, if it hadn't already been done by the author. I'm printing another set of drawers that will go underneath the printer now that has 20 plates worth of stuff to print. None of them are quite as full as that one, but they are not wasteful of space either.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and one benefit of the Bambu X1-C is that it supports region exclusion. You can do this on the Raspberry Pi setups on other printers too, but you can pick an object to exclude that has failed, and it will stop printing that object for the rest of the print. It saves the bed from total failure, but you do have to catch the error early. That's where spaghetti detection comes in to play, it will pause when it sees errors (another thing that both the Pi driven printers and the X1-C can do).

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and one benefit of the Bambu X1-C is that it supports region exclusion. You can do this on the Raspberry Pi setups on other printers too, but you can pick an object to exclude that has failed, and it will stop printing that object for the rest of the print. It saves the bed from total failure, but you do have to catch the error early. That's where spaghetti detection comes in to play, it will pause when it sees errors (another thing that both the Pi driven printers and the X1-C can do).
Nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom