Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My new project, an old wagon. I was going through my sketches and found this.

My sketch made in 1996 was my inspiration. So far, this one has been tougher than the barns.
I have to think about foreshortening and perspective constantly.
View attachment 502710
View attachment 502718
View attachment 502721

View attachment 502722

I'm using paper mache' for the landscaping.
View attachment 502725

I did find a frame for this one at Goodwill
View attachment 502726

Very cool!

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well. Not entirely happy. This thing fought me all the way. BUT for a submission that was intended to look antique and Old West. I “think” I hit the mark.

IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

Last edited:

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saved myself again from spending money
Using my 3D printer. My tripod cam latch that locks the legs broke. Took me 15 minute to design from one of the non broke yellow ones that snapped off. Had to tweak the first run once, so it costed me about .50 cents and 26 minutes of print time.
Simple little piece but rewarding every time i fix something or create something.
I did it in red so people will ask me why it’s red versus yellow. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My third hassock fan project. I removed the motor, blades, and guard from a 1950s hassock fan where the housing was pretty dented and rusty, and I made a new housing. The frame of the top is made from Australian acacia, with the center being South American katalox with a snowflake laser-engraved and filled with tinted epoxy. The legs are also made of acacia, and the side panels are purple heartwood. I welded up a new steel mount with three arms for the motor and attached the arms to three of the six legs, and the switch is attached to one of the arms. Katalox does not take a finish well, so I used heavily thinned shellac to build up an even finish on the Katalox, which worked decently. I applied the shellac mixture to the rest of the wood as well. This was an interesting and challenging project with the 30, 60, and 120° angles involved, but I’m pleased with the outcome.

IMG_7103.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those tire lifters are awesome, I'd love to see the plans for those, I need one of those when rotating tires on my truck!!!

I'm recovering from my 5th or 6th hernia surgery. I've lost count. I decided to do some projects to help prevent the next hernia. I saw a picture of a floor jack converted to lift the tires/wheels while changing tires. So, I built one for myself and a good friend that has back problems. My next project was a pickup bed hoist that I picked up cheap on Marketplace and bolted to my steel work bench. Besides being a heavy bench, it is bolted to the studs in the wall to prevent a turnover. I found a cheap 1100 lb. electric hoist online that I added to it. I bought some extra hitch pins to act as wire guides if I need to extend the boom out any. I don't need the jacks for these Fiats we have but, the tires on our two Land Rovers are pretty heavy.View attachment 502480View attachment 502481

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those tire lifters are awesome, I'd love to see the plans for those, I need one of those when rotating tires on my truck!!!
I didn't have any plans or drawings. I saw a picture of one on a webpage. Then I looked at the tires on my cars and trucks and went from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom