Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to get the lever rifles out on display so I made this out of old barn wood. These are my 30-30’s and Henry 22. Almost done with a second rack that will go on the other side of the credenza where my lever 308’s and 45-70’s will go.

IMG_0582.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg
IMG_0586.jpeg

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1 1/16th" diameter impact grade hickory, for when shooting will get you in trouble. They can't get close, and if their arms and legs no longer work, they are no longer a threat to you. As a fat old man, Col. Rex Applegate ran into two muggers in a grocery store parking lot and put them both in the hospital with his cane. Do a video search of cane self-defense if unfamiliar with just what can be done with one. As a stick fighter since the early 70s, I know, and pugil stick training in Basic was rather funny with opponents lasting between 1 and 3 seconds, to the utter disgust of the round browns. 5 coats of hand-rubbed tung oil with a week between coats and month full cure followed by 3 daily coats of polyurethane with month cure for all weather companionship, and right handy on ice, you betcha, especially with a folding ice spike tip.

always kinda wanted a good SD cane since i used to follow Newt Livesay back in the day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made this king-sized bed frame out of walnut and maple, using various examples of the Craftsman style of design that was popular circa 1900-1910. It matches the nightstand and lamp that I made last year. There’s a strip of LED lights tucked into a groove I routed in the underside of the top cap, with strips of aluminum on the back side of the headboard for touch on/off control. It was a challenge from the concept through the CAD layout to the construction, and I did make some mistakes along the way, but all in all, I’m pleased with the results. My gf thinks I’m too hard on myself 😉

View attachment 519561
Absolutely beautiful woodwork. You're a true craftsman.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put aside this hassock fan project, which was almost done, to do the time-sensitive bed frame project. Once the latter was done, I was able to finish this fan. The housing and diverter slats are cherry, the side panels are shedua, and the dyed epoxy insert is delineated by laser-cut walnut with a purple heartwood frame. There’s an LED strip inside the diverter cone on the underside of the top. It took five attempts to produce a satisfactory epoxy insert - my gf who did the laser work each time threatened to leave me 😉 I’m quite pleased with the results!

View attachment 520842

View attachment 520848

View attachment 520849

View attachment 520850
Once again, a masterpiece of woodworking. I'm impressed!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum