Ranges near Mcalester/Eufala area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to help a friend out. He moved down there not long ago, and is looking for a place to shoot, maybe even get in some skeet? He lives near the 9A/9 junction, but works at the ammunition plant.

connorkeef

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't let you get crickets! The Lake Eufaula Rod and Gun Club has a rifle range and a trap and skeet range (don't know where the trap and skeet range is). You can go to All Pawn and Surplus on Chickasaw (between 3rd and 5th Street), pay your membership of $25, and shoot that day.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The skeet range is just north of the prison. If you take the road north towards Tannehill (don't remember the street name), when it curves back west at the inmate cemetary, turn north on next county road. Can't remember how far up it is, I only used the rifle/pistol range, but Allan at All Pawn could give better directions. And the rifle range is pretty decent.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I can shoot around Clayton, my grandmother lives off the Nolia loop near Nashoba/Clayton. She has about 200 acres. But yeah, Eufala is about halfway to Clayton LOL.

connorkeef

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The range is actually in McAlester but the name of the club (it's a members only range) is Lake Eufaula Rod and Gun Club. And I may be mistaken but I think if you wanna shoot for free and have a hunting license you can probably go shoot at Collins WMA. Don't know that for sure so if you do, check before you go.

okherp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Okemah, and have a range (of course the cattle have successfully destroyed every bench I've built until I can build something more permanent, I'm thinking welded metal frame and 2x8 tabletop and bench seat) and we can set up a clay pigeon thrower. It's just my backyard (nothing fancy), but it's 250 acres with a clearcut (where the range is). I have a target board set up for 100 yds, but we could easily shoot 400+, and we do a lot of clay bustin' when friends come over. I'm only 12 miles from I-40/SH-99.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah there is a rifle range at James Collins WMA, forgot about that one. I never shot there, just seen it when I was hunting in there. Not sure about pistol or shotgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom