rattle can camo job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laubage said:
You, sir, are much braver than I am. I need to dust off the ole M1A and get it back to the range.

What kind of ammo do you use for that and how far have you shot it?

I use surplus 147 grain M80 ball, and I have taken it out to 600 yards with this setup. That is right where a rifle like this is in it's prime... though she is no slouch up close either, with that scope on 1x!

Couldn't bring myself to paint the metal. Rattle can with home made stencils. (also before I took the scope off)
[Broken External Image]

Wow, that is very similar to my setup, with the 1-4x. I find that type of optic to be a great match for this rifle's capabilities. I know where you're coming from in taking the scope off though -- I have that Burris mounted as low as you can possibly get it while retaining the iron sights, and I wouldn't want a scope any higher. I had a higher setup before this one. While I could get the cheek riser high enough to get cheek weld, having that much height difference between the comb and the heel just made it too awkward to shoot from prone.

As for painting the metal, it was easier for me to do on this rifle because the former owner had already painted it black with duracoat or something like that (it is an old rifle, and the parkerizing is pretty worn on parts). Someday I will media blast it down to bare metal and re-park, but until then the rattle can will serve!

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the greatest pic but,

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss204_seanzain_20120913_174344.jpg

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my SPRish rifle. First rattle can job

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was awesome... it was a tough run, but everyone had a great time. It is definitely a great way to test yourself and your equipment... you don't really know how effective you are with your rifle and pistol until you've had to shoot them under pressure while hot, tired, and sore.

Before run:

[Broken External Image]

After run:

[Broken External Image]

One of the shooting stations, on top of a hill. You have to zoom in, but in the distance, you can see the base station with the windmill and all the cars parked, to give you an idea of how far we had to run across the desert. There were 6 shooting stations.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom