Rear site broke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was shooting in Plano yesterday, the rear site on my Commander just broke off-the left side just flew off into the sea of brass and debris!

Anyone ever had something like this happen? The gun is less than 2 months old and this was the first time I've shot it; put about 100 rounds through it.

Bought it at H&H in May; what's the normal procedure for something like this? Take it back to H&H or just contact Colt?

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had almost the exact thing happen with my LAST Colt. I replaced the rear sight and then replaced the Colt with a Kimber = problem solved. I have since invested in two other Kimbers but Colts are no longer part of my battery.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just replace it with night sights or something?

What type of sights were on the Commander anyway? (what series?)

Scott_In_OKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the tritium insert fall out of the front sight on a Springfield 1911 (still under warranty). I called SA up, got an RMA, shipped the stripped slide, and received it back in a week or so.

If you planned on replacing the factory sights with night sights, now would be a good time :)

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just talked to Colt; I can send the slide in for replacement and it will be 30-45 days from the time they receive it!

Maybe I'd be better off to have someone locally replace it and just pay for the new sites. As for the sites, it came with just the normal tenon 2 dot sites-nothing special

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just talked to Colt; I can send the slide in for replacement and it will be 30-45 days from the time they receive it!

Maybe I'd be better off to have someone locally replace it and just pay for the new sites. As for the sites, it came with just the normal tenon 2 dot sites-nothing special

Just replace them with some Meprolights. :thumb:

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to update this situation. I visited H&H today to see what they would do about the broken rear site on my new 1911 Commander.

The gunsmith at H&H looked at it, said "this really should be a Colt repair" and then proceeded to replace the rear site with the newer Novak sites.

Very good CS in my opinion. No questions, no hassle!

This is just another reason that H&H get's my business!

Latest posts

Top Bottom