Reciprocity is Currently Banned Under Federal Law (Very Important Please Read)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no bill number yet... Senator Coburn gave approval to draft legislation regarding this issue and his staff members are currently in the process of doing so. It is in the early stages. The more national support we show, the more likely it is that we will see this amendment come to a vote in the next Congress.

Coburn's office desperately needs NRA support on this... and the NRA has been afraid to do anything. I'm not joking, this is the same impression I got from the NRA when I've called them in the past. The only response I've gotten from the NRA is "Thank You for Your Comments." Everyone needs to call the NRA and let them know that gun owners want action. Coburn is not the primary person we need to convince, he supports our cause... our biggest obstacle may, unfortunately be... the NRA.

NRA-ILA
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
800-392-8683 - Grassroots Hotline
E-Mail the NRA

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr. Coburn's office said that they've received a lot of letters regarding this issue recently. Good job everybody... we're getting noticed. Keep it up!

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want everyone to know that our US Senator, Tom Coburn, has drafted an amendment that would repeal the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995. He has been reluctant to introduce it because he feels he needs "more support." Everyone needs to call his office and let them know you support repealing it. His office number is 202-224-5754.

His E-mail is: [email protected] That is Senator_Coburn I know it's kinda hard to see the underscore in the blue hyperlink.

Here is a copy of the drafted amendment:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Tom_Coburn_Fed_GFSZA95_Amend.pdf

Here is a copy of the ATF letter stating that permit holders are not protected from the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995 outside of the State that physically issued their permit. This means that if someone with an Oklahoma carry permit goes to any of the countless states that recognize their permit, they are committing a federal felony every time they drive within 1000 feet of the property line of any K-12 school.

Here is a copy of the ATF letter stating that permit holders are not protected from the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995 outside of the State that physically issued their permit. This means that if someone with an Oklahoma carry permit goes to any of the countless states that recognize their permit, they are committing a federal felony every time they drive within 1000 feet of the property line of any K-12 school.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Batfe2002letter_gfsza1995_ccw.pdf

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your drafted amendment link goes to the letter.

Thanks for catching that. I just fixed it. On a side note, I want everyone to know that Tom Coburn's office wrote this amendment a while back, but has of yet not made any attempt to introduce it. The reason I am bringing the amendment to your attention right now is because I feel the time is appropriate. I have recently had extensive conversations with several members of our state legislature, and they have promised to give Dr. Coburn their support on this issue. I have also recently gained the support of many leaders in Second Amendment organizations around the country. Information about this issue is currently propagating around the internet on a regular basis appearing in forums and articles. I also think Iowa's recent change to shall-issue with full reciprocity, as well as Wisconsin's high likelihood of passing concealed carry this year make the time appropriate for this.

Dr. Coburn is still fully aware of the issue, and he supports the repeal. The repeating theme I've been hearing is "we need more support." If we were able to show Dr. Coburn that support, I have no doubt that he would be able to repeal this terrible law during his senate term. We are very lucky to have the best (in my opinion) US Senator in the nation.

I would be willing to organize a Tulsa-area group dedicated to lobbying for this issue and other 2nd amendment issues, if anyone would be interested in showing up? I would love to have local law enforcement involved in said group. The fact that they are in violation of this law while carrying under LEOSA, makes the repeal of this law a mutual goal for them and other law-abiding gun owners across the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom