Recommend AR Handguard & Fixed Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the itch to put together another AR in 556. It wont be anything fancy...plain ol 16" barrel with a forged upper and lower. The goal is to have a light weight but well balanced and nimble machine.

Im fairly new to the AR thing and not on the up as far as what all the aftermarket accessory world has to offer. I want the HG to be as slim as possible. I have a Troy alpha battle rail on one of my guns and have no complaints...just want something different. Maybe something a little more slim on the sides?

As far as the stock goes I want something that is a fixed A2 length. The lighter the better but open to suggestions.

thanks OSA.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the stock you might look into the ACE ARFX skeleton stock. It's super light and A2 length. I really like mine.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Fortis Rev is light and looks awesome.
12" is 9.2 ounces. 14.8" is 11.0 ounces
12.4" Rev 2.0 weighs 7.8oz without the standard USGI barrel nut.
The 2.0 Rev 14.8" is only 9.0oz. Wow.

SLR 14 Solo Ultra Lite is only 10.0 ounces, too.

The 12.5" Rainier Switch Keymod weighs 8.5oz without the barrel nut, 10.1oz with.

There's more... lots of great options out there.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. More concerned with slimness than weight on the HG...with lightness being a requirement. I was playing with one of my AKs yesterday and really just like the thin, flat sided HG and was wondering if such a thing is out there for an AR. Basically my troy rail but flat on the sides is what I am envisioning.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know of anything flat on the sides. Some have a flat bottom, but I don't care for those. Most of the ones I posted are in the 1.3" ID range I think, so OD should be pretty slim, too.

Personally, I think MI and UTG Pro rails are nice and slim, smooth but with longitudinal grooves and feel nice in the hand. Hard to beat the UTG Pro ones on price and I think they did a really good job on that rail. Just gotta be careful with that barrel nut. :lmfao: Only needs like 30 lbs of torque.

Latest posts

Top Bottom