Recommend AR Handguard & Fixed Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drillin' Tech

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if you've already made your selection, but...
I've got 13" an ALG EMRv2 on a 16" midlength upper that I am very happy with. It only has pic rail at the very end of the, not continuously down the full length so it seems very slim.
Also seems to be very reasonably priced relative to other manufacturers. I think I paid $135 plus shipping... Comes with barrel nut and wrench for install.

http://algdefense.com/rails/emr-v2-m-lok.html

This is my first FF handguard though so I don't have much to compare it to

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as of now ive decided on the new MI G3 hand guard and on the stock I will go with whatever I can find a deal on first. Either the MOE rifle stock or new style ACE or even one of the fancy pants Luth-ar stocks that are similar to the magpul PRS but half the weight. Looks like I will be building this gun vs my original plan to find a good deal on a base rifle then swap out parts.

anyone have a good source for inexpensive parts?

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Tip on the ace stock, the a2 buffer tube I have is really tight in stock (I think it is the tube as it appeared to be machined aluminum.) that being said installing and removing mine is a chore, if you notice the band of silver on mine it's where the tube got marred up with tools.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Sure avoid the Fixed Carbine unless you've experienced it........ MOE Fixed Rifle isn't bad at all.

Geissele / ALG round tubes.

Samson Evo 12.37

Faxon 13" M LOC

PSA has a unique combo rail too

That Gen 3 MI is another twist on things

PRI Carbon Tubes

JP Rifles .....

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good man... that came out nice! Except for that flash hider that needs to be indexed, haha.

What parts did you use for the build? That's an interesting color on the barrel... looks like a browned finish, like they used on muskets back in the day. Probably paint though, haha.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good man... that came out nice! Except for that flash hider that needs to be indexed, haha.

What parts did you use for the build? That's an interesting color on the barrel... looks like a browned finish, like they used on muskets back in the day. Probably paint though, haha.

lol I just put that hider on for pics, im picking up a compensator from a buddy tomorrow that will be properly clocked :P

I purchased a complete upper, one of PSA's "freedom" 5.56 with a stainless barrel. Bought a "premium" PSA BCG on sale last weekend for $75 and a BCM gunfighter charging handle (large). Gas block is a cheap adjustable I got from JBO. Painted the barrel, gas tube+block and CH with high temp engine ceramic enamel GOLD. Looks bronze unless its in direct sun. Really happy with how it turned out. Its a simple, inexpensive gun for the most part but the gold shining through the black looks sharp more so in person than the pictures show.

This is how the upper started:

Lower is a factory built rock river. I put a surplus A1 pistol grip, changed out the carbine buffer assy for rifle to accommodate the new stock, junk yard trigger job that breaks right at 3# with no creep.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the HG, I use the Samson EVO 15" rail. I think it's at like 13 ounces, I know there's shorter ones if you wanna cut down on the weight more. Like what Dennis said, check out Nordic Components. They have a lot of good AR parts for a good price, I recommend them.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom