Recommend AR Handguard & Fixed Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just installed a Gen 3 MI and I really like it. There are no teeth on the barrel nut to contend with so tightening to spec is easier. I haven't found a slimmer rail system that I like better.

Midwest Industries Gen 3 Lightweight M-Lok http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...htweight-gen-3-m-lok-handguard-ar-15-aluminum
media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_878_878984.jpg

Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/69...-fixed-carbine-ar-15-lr-308-carbine-synthetic
media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_697_697052.jpg

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Fortis Rev is light and looks awesome.
12" is 9.2 ounces. 14.8" is 11.0 ounces
12.4" Rev 2.0 weighs 7.8oz without the standard USGI barrel nut.
The 2.0 Rev 14.8" is only 9.0oz. Wow.

SLR 14 Solo Ultra Lite is only 10.0 ounces, too.

The 12.5" Rainier Switch Keymod weighs 8.5oz without the barrel nut, 10.1oz with.

There's more... lots of great options out there.

KMR 13 weighs 7.7 with nut.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-KMR13-Free-Float-Handguard-p/bcm-kmr-13-556-blk.htm

Alpha weighs 9.9 with nut
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...ree-Float-Handguard-p/bcm-kmr-a13-556-blk.htm

I've been very impressed with my KMR. I'd buy a second in a heartbeat, love how skinny it is. I also like the NSR, but it is heavier. I run the KMR on my run&gun rig, it's been beaten up but looks new.

The new Alpha looks like a good deal and still saved weight. Buy once cry once

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SLR 13". I like how each keymod hole is also a QD so I can move my sling lickety split to another configuration.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KMR, or KMR Alpha if you'd rather pay less and have it weigh a couple ounces more. Both are super slim, light, and strong. They also come with BCM's excellent QD sling swivel.

As far as fixed stocks, I am a big fan of the Magpul MOE fixed rifle stock. It needs a PRS butt pad (the thickest one they sell) to bring it to A2 length. From the factory it splits the difference between the A1 and A2. It also has much better storage than an A2 stock, and has provision for the installation of QD swivel cups front and rear on both sides (you also have to buy those separately if you want them).

If you're looking for A2 length, be careful about the Magpul MOE fixed CARBINE stock that was posted earlier. It is not even close to as long as even an A1. It is really only suited for dedicated CQB rifles.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KMR, or KMR Alpha if you'd rather pay less and have it weigh a couple ounces more. Both are super slim, light, and strong. They also come with BCM's excellent QD sling swivel.

As far as fixed stocks, I am a big fan of the Magpul MOE fixed rifle stock. It needs a PRS butt pad (the thickest one they sell) to bring it to A2 length. From the factory it splits the difference between the A1 and A2. It also has much better storage than an A2 stock, and has provision for the installation of QD swivel cups front and rear on both sides (you also have to buy those separately if you want them).

If you're looking for A2 length, be careful about the Magpul MOE fixed CARBINE stock that was posted earlier. It is not even close to as long as even an A1. It is really only suited for dedicated CQB rifles.

thanks for the heads up. Fixed carbine is out then.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks I got the results I was looking for. The seekins handguard has a proprietary barrel nut that's threads on to the upper and than has a bushing you screw into the nut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom