Recommend me some accessories for my 1911.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally took it shooting, and there wasn't much I'd change on it except maybe some gunner grips. Had a few magazine related malfs but after about the first 50 rounds I couldn't make it misfeed or jam.
I can't fathom why I waited 25 years to get a 1911.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Finally took it shooting, and there wasn't much I'd change on it except maybe some gunner grips. Had a few magazine related malfs but after about the first 50 rounds I couldn't make it misfeed or jam.

OK, now that we have that out of the way, your going to need all this to go along with her!!!!!
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN2772.jpg

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are about as many opinions on lube as there are best mag, best grips and best ammo.
Several 1911 dedicated forums with tons of info.
Clean it, lube it and shoot it. You will figure out the rest after a few hundreds rounds.

Good advice ^^^^^^. Enjoy it and buy ammo.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I really like Gunner grips but they are designed to be used with gloves. You can knock the points down with the strip of sandpaper provided to make them a little less sharp. I'm saying this because there are some other great G10 options for 1911 grips that aren't quite as aggressive.

Rick-OShay

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ahah. Okay then, what mags?
I'm thinking MecGar seven rounders. Any experience with these?
and holster recommendations?
I'm thinking one of the $20 dollar bladetechs from cheaper than dirt until I can get the funds for a decent quality leather holster.

While I prefer CMC PowerMags, I've had real good luck with various MecGars that have wandered my way, & still have 2 or 3 of them. They are a good, reliable mag.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I just bought two McCormic 8 round powermags, one 7 round CMC, one 7 round McGar, and two no-name cheapies like the guy I traded with gave me for range use only. That and a Galco Summer Comfort, I'm pretty well set. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom