Recommendation For .22LR Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised that it took this long for someone to mention the TX22. I know we have some fans of it here. :)
Gotta chime in here as I have one of the TX22’s and it has been perfect. Easy to shoot accurate as heck and easy to clean. It disassembles almost like a Glock. No tools required. Comes with a threaded barrel and a thread protector, extra 16 round magazines and it is under $400 Brand new.

I recently shot 300 rounds of cheap 22lr that was stored in a hot garage for almost 10 years when we lived in Houston, and it all shot. A few sounded like a cap gun but they all fired and the gun cycled. I even stripped the gun down a few times to make sure I did not have a squib but the gun cycled and ejected everything.

Because of the way the gun is designed, the TX 22 is the only 22lr that I know of that can be dry fired safely.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a 1911 fan and wanted something full size to shoot 22 with, my son and I both got the GSG M1911 22Lr. I personally love the thing, shoots good and a lot of fun.
42F3ABAB-63E5-4290-9827-1E0619CB6472.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a 1911 fan and wanted something full size to shoot 22 with, my son and I both got the GSG M1911 22Lr. I personally love the thing, shoots good and a lot of fun.View attachment 231195
Had a 1911 with the Colt Ace conversion kit on an alloy frame back in the 80's. Traded it to my dad for his anvil, and eventually got the frame back when he broke it shooting hi-power .45ACP loads with, but he kept the Ace kit. It was sweet, too, but an Ace conversion kit is some serious money these days. I could be convinced to get one of the GSG 1911/22's. Still have and shoot the Ruger Mk II. Only thing that has caused jams in it has been cheap .22LR ammo. So far. Though it did spend a lot of years in my brother's safe.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom