Refinishing my GSG 1911-22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't stand the suspense so I put her back together (wasn't a big deal after all thanks to a set of tweezers I snuck away from the wife's stuff) and function tested it. It is an awesome little 1911-22! Love this thing and it just runs and runs. Pics going up on the project this afternoon or early evening. All this pistol needs is ammo and the occasional cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't stand the suspense so I put her back together (wasn't a big deal after all thanks to a set of tweezers I snuck away from the wife's stuff) and function tested it. It is an awesome little 1911-22! Love this thing and it just runs and runs. Pics going up on the project this afternoon or early evening. All this pistol needs is ammo and the occasional cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROFLMAO! You are TOO funny!!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the thing completely disassembled and ready to be prepped for painting. This really wasn't that hard, 55 minutes is all it took. 5 minutes to tear it down and 50 minutes crawling around looking for the tiny safety plunger pin which I launched into orbit despite having both the gun and my hands inside a clear bag from the dry cleaners to prevent just such a thing. Found the dang pin on the printer on the other side of the room.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next it's time to scrub-a-dub to get all the old finish left that you can off the thing; I used spay can paint remover from Wally World. Then I hosed it down good with non-chlorinated brake cleaner. Wearing rubber gloves in this step was important so I didn't get my greasy mitt-prints all over the thing prior to application of the finish. (Note use of tactical, non-reflective coat hangers).[Broken External Image]

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next in this arduous process it's time to shake, RATTLE and roll! I used Krylon Camo in Olive Drab...I liked the idea of the shadow thing mentioned up top, but my skill set with a rattle can is ... lacking. I for sure ain't no Michael and Jello when it comes to painting. So I kept it one solid color. Again, use of tactical coat hangers is a must.[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom