Rehome our dog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw this and all the posts from the amateur comedians. I volunteer some with Bella Foundation and we find homes all the time for dogs in your situation. If you haven't already taken it to a shelter pm me and maybe I can find it a good home. While unfortunate, many people find out the dog they wanted doesn't work out for various reasons. Hopefully, you've learned a lesson the hard way and the dog will end up in a home where it is cared for. All you other jokesters, spay and neuter your pets. There are too many unwanted animals in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got home from work yesterday ready to take the dog, and my wife informed me she would like to try some other solutions for the dog before she gives it up. It's not me learning the lesson, I didn't want the dog in the first place and made that clear to her. She however really wanted another dog and won the argument. Now I'm doing the dirty work trying to find the dog a new home. We already have a lot going on and the dog is not helping, but she is an animal lover so I can only argue my point so much, then I just give up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck with the dog. I hope it works out.

Good luck with the wife too. You are right about doing the dirty work, took a few hits too. Hope it does indeed work out for everyone, dog included.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got home from work yesterday ready to take the dog, and my wife informed me she would like to try some other solutions for the dog before she gives it up. It's not me learning the lesson, I didn't want the dog in the first place and made that clear to her. She however really wanted another dog and won the argument. Now I'm doing the dirty work trying to find the dog a new home. We already have a lot going on and the dog is not helping, but she is an animal lover so I can only argue my point so much, then I just give up.

The crate needs to be just big enough for it to be able to lie down in. Of course a walk or a at least a yard to run in daily will help too. PM me if she decides you guys are ready to find a home and I will try the help.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. My wife also mentioned some sort of calming vest to put on her when we are gone. Do you know anything about those?

I've used one before on a dog that was terrified by thunder, it seemed to help some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The crate needs to be just big enough for it to be able to lie down in. Of course a walk or a at least a yard to run in daily will help too. PM me if she decides you guys are ready to find a home and I will try the help.

This. Dogs that have too much energy, and a 9month old Collie will, need to be walked at least daily. Need to drain that energy. If your family doesn't have time to do this, then it's time to look for a family that could.

Latest posts

Top Bottom