Reloading bench specs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready to set up a reloading bench. Trying to decide how tall I want it to be. Do you guys prefer standing, sitting on a stool, or sitting in a chair to work. I'm thinking the taller option: stand or sit on stool.

Thanks for the advice

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Shooter, I think you're right that the stool/stand option is probably best. I looked at those work tables at Sam's as well. They look great but may be a little long for the area I want to place it in. Considering the 2x4basics package to build to suit the space. Should have bought the Sears work bench/backwall package that was on sale for about 1/2 price a few weeks back.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best thing to do is simulate the height and make sure it feel comfortable. My bench was designed around stand and barstool height, making sure my wrist will still be kosher after a few hundred pulls. However, I know guys who have it mounted on a set down desk and thats how the prefer it. Really just personal preference.

Buying is easier and time savings, but building your own can be fun too. Specially if you are a lush like I am.... ;)

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome looking bench Whitey. Looks like my kind of project. Dos Equis Amber don't hurt either. I do have a couple cases of Octoberfest that might work well with a project like that.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome looking bench Whitey. Looks like my kind of project. Dos Equis Amber don't hurt either. I do have a couple cases of Octoberfest that might work well with a project like that.

In a world of failure, I have to take every possible opportunity to gain a sense of accomplishment and intoxication. When the two combine, nirvana. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom