Reloading noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
received my Lock n Load AP yesterday.wow that was fast shipping,ordered one day then got it the next day.any way the shipping was free and the thing ways 33 lbs. the 100 free 30 cal bullets value by hornady at 300 dollars but in reality rum a little over 200 dollars from midway. so i figure i have about 185.00 in a new progressive press/less dies. the press also came with the new ezject system already in place so i figure thats about another 30.00 saved on top of it all. i have not loaded anything with it yet but compared to my dillon i would say it is a good deal for now, but the jury is out until i get some loaded ammo out of it.

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will like your your Hornady AP press, You can get the plates cheapest from Cabelas on-line, or Bass pro Has them for about the same price, as well as some common dyes, Dongs in Tulsa has a lot of Dyes but is kinda pricy.. Go with th eTitanium Nitrade Dies... You wont be disapointed..

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A single stage press is great to learn on and use until they put you in the ground. I like a single stage setup because it keeps me focused so I'm less opt to make a mistake.

Read all you can and ask plenty of questions if you have them, even if it makes you feel silly

I am a fly fisherman and I've tied my own flies for years and years. It seems to me that reloading is similar.
B

Maybe, but you won't blow you hand off with a trout fly..!:wink2:

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a lot of reading and research at first also! then bought a Lee single to start! then a Pro 1000. I shipped the Pro back and got a turret press for all my pistol ammo. and I still use the single for my rifle and work up loads! :sunbath:

Latest posts

Top Bottom