Reloading starter kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Letters Honey Farm

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’d like to start learning to reload bullets. I guess my questions would be 1: is there a certain brand that’s good to purchase? 2: is there a type that would load different types of bullets for hand guns? 9mm, .380, .38s and .357s... thanks

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Generally you buy a press and then the dies of the calibers you want to load. I started out with a single stage (cheap as possible ) to see if it was something I would even enjoy doing.
At the moment buying components is iffy to put it lightly, finding primers right now is impossible.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed the setup listed in post 2 is a great deal. I would suggest starting there and see if you enjoy reloading. If you do you won't have to much in that setup as you will want to go progressive if your really wanting to make a lot of pistol ammo.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few hundred will get you loading if you spend your money wisely. Your going to need to pick a caliber to start with. Also how many rounds are you thinking you want to load a month? Regardless if this is your first step into reloading. I would go with a single stage. Personally I would avoid the Lee loadmaster listed above. They are known to need some tinkering. Not something a new reloader needs to be worrying about imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom