Remember to be careful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a stab, not a cut.

A wood carving puukko that was stuck in its sheath ( I wish to take up wood carving), and I was careless There was a lot of blood so I called 911, the University PD gauzed it, while a dude that was studying was like WTF? I drove myself to the hospital where I got 5 stitches, an antibiotic and a tramidol script, and a tetanus shot.

I fear the incoming bill the most.

Haven't told my parents yet, kinda don't want to.

P.S. I have some unrelated knives for sale in the classifieds. Need dosh for hospital

ssgt ben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go to the drug store they sell the medical type on the rack with the bandaids. put one in your carving box or wherever. when i had a bypass in 07i was glued shut.and last year finger cut almost to bone cleaned up with water at dr. office then glued healed fine.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the gauze off

i.imgur.com_eNkSE.jpg

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a story about the mayor of a small Oklahoma town who was caught cheating on his wife. She sprayed his reproductive/urinary appendage with super glue, and it stuck to his leg. This happened while said appendage was between the reproductively ready stage and not reproductively ready stage. As the appendage diminished to the fully unready stage it began stretching the skin in a somewhat painful manner. He had to maintain a leg position that would minimize the painful skin stretching while in transit to a hospital FAR AWAY from his home town.

I do not know if this story is true or not, but I kinda suspect it was, since a couple of years after it allegedly happened I was working at a Corps of Engineer lake in Texas. One of the gate keepers told me about it. The good mayor had traveled to a Texas hospital so the good folks of his home town would not know of his incident. Supposedly one of the nurses spread the story. This was years before the HIPPA law.

Moral of the story: keep super glue away from your reproductive/urinary appendage!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the gauze off

i.imgur.com_eNkSE.jpg

Yep. That's a Super Glue cut for sure.

I cut a lot of the tip of my middle finger off once. Man did it bleed. I Super Glued it up. It healed, although it did become infected, and they put me on antibiotics. Now I have a football shaped scar on my finger tip. My mother-in-law, a nurse, was sure it was going to fall off, but it never did. I told her not to worry, that I was a starfish.

I keep some near the sink, and in our first aid kit. Think of the money you'll save next time!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom