Remington Sendero - What makes them special?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKinds

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as the title reads, what makes a Sendero so special compared to some of the other models, like the Long Range, SFII, and Varmiter. Does Remington perform special process' on these verses others? If you guys who are lucky enough to own 1 or 2 of these guns, could you fill me in your take of the gun?
Thanks,

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Basically just a nicer hs precision stock and the fluted barrel. Mine is super accurate with minimal gunsmithing. I just replaced the trigger and devcon bedded it. Mines chambred in 300 win mag. Any more some of their other models are equal too or better than a stock sendero. They are basically a poor mans long range rig.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

JKinds

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically just a nicer hs precision stock and the fluted barrel. Mine is super accurate with minimal gunsmithing. I just replaced the trigger and devcon bedded it. Mines chambred in 300 win mag. Any more some of their other models are equal too or better than a stock sendero. They are basically a poor mans long range rig.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Thanks for the input. That is kind of what I figured, but wasn't sure.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 300 wtby and also a 25-06 in the Sendero model and they're both great shooters. If you want to step up just a little look at the 5R Remington's. My 5r's are tack drivers.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They polish the bolt and bed them differently than a SPS, for instance. I have a VSSF that is basically a tan Sendero with a black fluted barrel. I wish they still made them.

JKinds

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone, this is what I was after. I had thought they quit making the Sendero, but according to the Remington site they are still selling the Sendero SF II in 300WM and 7MM, although they are selling for around $1200 at online brokers.

Friedspam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a 300 Win Mag Sendero in the mid 90's. It had the HS Precision Stock but was blued and not fluted. The gun was a heavy brute and shot decent but I tired of lugging it around looking for white tails in Missouri and got rid of it. I think the description of the poor man's long range rifle is about right but it wasn't really anything special in my opinion other than that stock was probably better than a black plastic or wooden stock in getting whatever accuracy out of that rifle it was capable of. I replaced it with a Model 7 in 308W and it was lighter to carry around while I saw no deer.
Mike

Latest posts

Top Bottom