Remington to file for bankruptcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks. Don't know much about their business model, or if they are union, but the gun companies that are making it now are lean, mean, and use modern technology like CNC machining.
One person can put out a higher quality part than ten could on the old conventional machines that a lot of the old line gun makers can't seem to part with.
Marlin is a prime example. When Remington bought them out and moved them to their facility in NY few of the employees went with the antique machines they operated over the years. Some of the parts that were built were from the personal notes of the machinists. There were no hard engineering records with specifications. As I read, they have moved into the modern world with their new rifles, properly documented.
I didn't see Marlin in that report, so hopefully they are a business unit of the main company and aren't in the bankruptcy.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad news. Remington STS line of target shotgun ammo has always been my favorite. I've loaded the 20g hulls 15 plus times. I hope that ammo line continues.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the ammo line tied with the gun manufacturing? Don't know, but yes, it's good ammo.
On the other hand, their .22 sucks.
You got that right on the 22 ammo. I swore of the bulk packs after I began expecting a dud with each pull of the trigger. I switched to Federal bulk packs and never looked back.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn, you think maybe the government would step in and donate like they did to GM and Chrysler but Remington isn't as big. If they -and automakers can't make it on their on they shouldn't get a bailout. Make a good product and watch expenses and companies would be in the red.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Remington has nearly destroyed the reputation of Marlin since they bought them out. I hate to see any iconic American firearms company come to this but it doesn't surprise me in this situation.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt they'll go away. Someone will buy them up after they discharge their debt and "restructure" the company. It'll be a whole new company with the Remington name.

Hell, Circuit City is coming back, I heard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom