Remington to file for bankruptcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington knows how to build extremely high quality firearms but don't. Why? Profit, IDK..? American's don't like to be pissed on and told it's raining. The winds are changing... Hell even HK doesn't hate the consumer class anymore..

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington knows how to build extremely high quality firearms but don't. Why? Profit, IDK..? American's don't like to be pissed on and told it's raining. The winds are changing... Hell even HK doesn't hate the consumer class anymore..

Watering down quality means more sales in big box stores of lower quality items to mediocre shooters - witness the rise of stripped-down, lighter-weight safe brands and models at such stores in the last 10 years.

Profit above all, even at the expense of your name and reputation.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watering down quality means more sales in big box stores of lower quality items to mediocre shooters - witness the rise of stripped-down, lighter-weight safe brands and models at such stores in the last 10 years.

Profit above all, even at the expense of your name and reputation.

You are absolutely 100% spot on and that is why Benelli got my last two shotgun purchases. I really want to buy something I like made and "owned" here in the U.S.A. but for now I guess I'll have to settle for U.S.A. "made" Sig, Glock and FNs... I'd love to buy a new Belgium or U.S. made Browning Citori but they won't let me.. Crap, even Ruger quit making the Red Label "again".... Sad!

Don't get me started on my 2017 Fender Stratocaster that doesn't even say Made In USA anymore because the only damn things on it made here are the pickups, neck and body.. They now just say Fender USA.... Ugh!

ragsflh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
another example of i like use built.harley davidson.outsouring parts to india,which is the new place.ford,triumph etc moving there.shitting down plant in kanasa city,.the bike boom of the 90;s is gone,but management wants the big bonues for the big boys.50.000 for a hd now,ha ha.buy 50 acres with a house in county for that in some states

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2015 the Freedom Group was renamed as Remington Outdoor Company. So same thing..
And it is Remington Outdoor Company, not Remington Firearms that is looking to file. So it could potentially impact all of the brands they own.

Brands:
Remington
Bushmaster
Advanced Armament
Marlin Firearms
H & R Firearms
Dakota Arms
Para USA
Parker Gun
Tapco
Barnes Bullets
Mountain Khakis
When did they buy out Tapco? I remember when they were a surplus store before their venture of making plastic furniture for SKS's and AK's. And their junk line of mags.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And remember Remington Outdoor Company owns... Remington, Bushmaster Firearms, DPMS/Panther Arms, Marlin, H&R, The Parker Gun, Tapco, Advanced Armament Corp., Dakota Arms, Nesika, Stormlake, Timbersmith and Barnes Bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom