Republican Debate 1/28/2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched it and thought it was one of the most substantive and least personal attack oriented debates.

Yep. An occasional jab at Trump and others, but after that it was a debate about policy.

They made Megan be the leader of the moderators to ask the sharp questions, probably in response to Trump not being there.

Rubio had a pretty good debate.
In all honesty Kasich at the bottom of the pile has a really great record, but I think the public is not turned on by his presentation. Its almost weird.

Cruz won it overall in my opinion. He beat up the moderators with facts and statistics when given a question.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did. I think Trump is either so big headed his head won't fit through a 16' garage door, or that he's one very shrewd operator. His absence focused the heat on his closest competitors, Cruz and Rubio. I guess we'll see on Monday which one it is.

Rubio and Bush had their best debate yet. Cruz didn't damage himself, but was clearly under the gun. Paul didn't move one way or the other which I really don't understand, he seems to be the adult in the room these days since he's got the jumping into a fight at the first opportunity out of his system.

I predict Trump, Cruz and Rubio are the top 3 in Iowa, just don't know the order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I jumped over to ck on the Trump rally on CNN and stayed there for the show, it certainly was a surprise for me. Quite a production for such a short notice program to be put together. For me at least it was different than the usual boring debate material. Santorium and Huckabee (spelling may be wrong) were there on stage also. Trump raised at least $6 million for our vets. I would think CNN will likely re-run it. Drudge had Trump at close to 60% afterward.

I will be interesting between now and November, certainly not a normal election year.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im a maniac and everyone on stage with me is fat, ugly , and stupid was the best line of the night.

Trump was a target for laughs.
Cruz was the target by far tho.
Rubio/jeb took advantage of the inside help they were given.
The rest should just quit now.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the money actually goes to vets, said it was going to trumps foundation which in the past hasn't had the best record of donating to vets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom