Resurgence of the Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we just talking about them more or is it a resurgence of GED's favorite sidearm? Maybe I am just more in "tune" to the wheel gun talk but it seems like everyone is getting/carrying them more lately and you almost NEVER see them for sale in the Classifieds.

Compare the number of snubbies for sale to the number of XD's or Glocks. I'm just sayin..........

Any thoughts?

BC

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because in a world of phase I and phase II malfs, wheelguns just don't!

The Smith & Wesson Airweight J frame revolver, in any one of their three configs leaves no excuse for leaving home without your weapon. While pocket carry is not an ideal way to tote your iron, it beats leaving it in the sock drawer.

Click on my link below and see what the #1 rule is. ;)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because in a world of phase I and phase II malfs, wheelguns just don't!

The Smith & Wesson Airweight J frame revolver, in any one of their three configs leaves no excuse for leaving home without your weapon. While pocket carry is not an ideal way to tote your iron, it beats leaving it in the sock drawer.

Click on my link below and see what the #1 rule is. ;)

Listen to this man....he knows what he's talking about. BTW, good to see you again GED.:Heya:

azmrb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The revolver may lack firepower, it may not reload quickly, but it has advantageous traits the semauto lacks.

1. A hammerless revolver can be fired, multiple times, from inside a coat pocket without jamming.

2. The revolver can fire any load or projectile shape without fear of jamming or FTF.

3. Dropping the firing pin on a dead round doesn't require racking the slide; just pull the trigger again.

The firepower and reload issues are solved by carrying a NY reload.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've loved my wheel guns for a long time! I have several in different models, J frames are my favorite. My recent Air Weight bodyguard purchase has proven to be a joy!

However, I still have all of my glocks and XD's. I just like all of my boom sticks!

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took OSAers to sell me, but I'm sold. I looked at them as "old school" and wasn't interested until I stumbled into a deal on a Model 36 that I couldn't pass up. Now it's probably my 2nd favorite gun and my carry piece. I own several guns but the only that has gone bang EVERYTIME I have pulled the trigger is the 67. I love my XD-9 and shooting it is infinitely more enjoyable for me than shooting any revolver - but put me in a corner and tell me I have to defend my life... I want to be holding my S&W with high quality ammo in it 100% of the time.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im like XD9guy I've got my XD45 but I seem to go for my 642 more and more. And GED was good enough to sell me a Don Hume for the 642 I carry it all day and forget it is there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listen to this man....he knows what he's talking about. BTW, good to see you again GED.:Heya:

I just know what works for me. After totin' an iron for over 20 years, you kinda learn what works and what doesn't. Doesn't mean I'm not open for suggestion and what has been successful for me may not jive with somebody else.

But thanks for the compliment and yes, it's good to be back. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom