Review: Secure Purse products. Just say no....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this on Facebook today about my experience with a concealed carry purse I purchased from Secure Purse:

The tl;dr version is this: Secure Purse does not provide a quality product and does not stand behind their products. Also, their customer service is condescending and rude.

---
I purchased a concealed carry purse from a company called Secure Purse some time ago, a simple shoulder bag. I had been carrying it for just a few months when I walked past an open door, caught the strap on the door knob, and the strap broke.

Now, here's the thing about a concealed carry purse - it's not uncommon to find a handgun carried concealed in one!

I called the company and told them about it, expressing my concern that if a bad guy had tried to snatch my purse, the same thing would have happened and if I had been using the purse for its intended purpose - to conceal a handgun - then said bad guy would have just acquired a handgun. This made me very nervous about the quality of their product.

Secure Purse responded with "You're outside the warranty period. Sorry."

A few weeks ago, I noticed Secure Purse had a presence on Facebook now, and I posted my experience on their page. I promptly got a response reaffirming their position that if it was outside the warranty, they were justified in their response. They followed up by telling me their customer service manager would like to hear from me and giving me that manager's email and phone number. I thanked them and said I would contact them in a few days.

In the meantime, ONE person posted a comment suggesting that they should have stood behind their product. Secure Purse took that comment down.

When I was prepared to contact their customer service, as they had suggested, I discovered they had taken my post down... which meant I no longer had the contact information for the customer service manager.

I sent them a message, expressing my disappointment.

They sent me back a long and condescending message telling me that their competitors were taking advantage of my comment to troll their page - ONE person commented, a friend of mind.

As to the original complaint, they said, "we'd like to point out that our company committed no wrong-doing in supporting the warranty policies of our providers"

And, just to make sure they had lost a customer forever, they finished up with this little patronizing and disdainful comment, "I would like to direct your attention to our website, a link to which is featured prominently on our Facebook page. If you follow that link, you will see that our company's customer service phone number is (once again, prominently) featured on every page at the top in bold-type 30-point font."

So, to sum up, just stay away from Secure Purse. They do not stand behind their products and they think we're really stupid.
---

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:bigeye: WOW ... Sometimes I'm just speechless ... This is one of those times. I have several conceal carry purses. Thankfully, none of them are made by this company. Thanks for the heads up!

Do you mind if I cut and paste your experience over to the ladies sections in some prepper forums I frequent??

Giggles

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Secure Purse isn't a manufacturer of any products... They just are a retail company like Cabella's or Costco. Also, SP sells gun concealment purses made by gun totn mamas. 'Nother fun fact, if you buy a gun concealment purse of any brand from any retailer, none of them will accept returns past the manufacturer warranty. i know a lot of people who've bought products offered by SP and none of them have ever had a complaint. I'm definitely not happy that you had a bad experience, but it doesn't sound like it was typical.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secure Purse isn't a manufacturer of any products... They just are a retail company like Cabella's or Costco. Also, SP sells gun concealment purses made by gun totn mamas. 'Nother fun fact, if you buy a gun concealment purse of any brand from any retailer, none of them will accept returns past the manufacturer warranty. i know a lot of people who've bought products offered by SP and none of them have ever had a complaint. I'm definitely not happy that you had a bad experience, but it doesn't sound like it was typical.

This is crap! Any company that gives a hoot about their reputation would do something to help and/or appease the customer. There are many things SP could have done...beginning with giving a damn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom