Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hardly think that will be the case. I am shooting one of those tubey thingies with glass window type ends that sits on top where my sights are supposed to go. ;)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Nordic Components upper dialed in at 25 & 100. Man that thing is sweet! I have shot about 500 rounds through it in the last 2 nights and i had only one FTE and a rack of the bolt fixed that. If your are looking for the best 22lr option for your AR the Nordic Components upper is it without question.

Now I just need to decide if i want to shoot the 22 or the 223.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Nordic Components upper dialed in at 25 & 100. Man that thing is sweet! I have shot about 500 rounds through it in the last 2 nights and i had only one FTE and a rakc of the bolt fixed that. If your are looking for the best 22lr option for your AR the Nordic Components upper is it without question.

Now I just need to decide if i want to shoot the 22 or the 223.

Hey Jesse which one did you get?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Jesse which one did you get?

I got the 18" as it most resembles my JP. I bought Olyellers overpriced, used Millet DMS-1 to set on top. I had a DPMS lower with an ACE stock and JP trigger in the safe. It feels just like my competition gun. I need to weigh it to see how much it differs.

With that 50 round drum (which i just bought a 2nd one from sportsmans guide for $62 on sale) it is a action rifle machine.

I would be willing to bet money that somebody with a Nordic Upper wins the rimfire division at this match and maybe even the entire match. Not saying its gonna be me just saying this gun is going to be fast.

I should also mention that my 10/22 is sitting in the safe because it won't feed more than 5 rounds in a row. :nolike:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the 18" as it most resembles my JP. I bought Olyellers overpriced, used Millet DMS-1 to set on top. I had a DPMS lower with an ACE stock and JP trigger in the safe. It feels just like my competition gun. I need to weigh it to see how much it differs.

With that 50 round drum (which i just bought a 2nd one from sportsmans guide for $62 on sale) it is a action rifle machine.

I would be willing to bet money that somebody with a Nordic Upper wins the rimfire division at this match and maybe even the entire match. Not saying its gonna be me just saying this gun is going to be fast.

I should also mention that my 10/22 is sitting in the safe because it won't feed more than 5 rounds in a row. :nolike:
I'm kinda eying that 18" one myself. As soon as I decide what optic I want on it I'll order one. Does that DMS-1 go down to 1 power or is it 1.25? I had a 4X16X50 on a .308 and the thing felt like I strapped a brick up there. Heavy! But it was a good scope for the money it cost.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love mine for sure. I got worried for a while though. Had a bad lot of winchester 555 bulk pack. Will be shooting the 20" .22 at the match with the burris xtr 1-4 and a 45 degree j-point with the tank brake and 100 round drum. ;)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the money the DMS-1 is great. I bought two of them used. One came with a Lareu SPR-E and I put a Burris mount on the other. I have one on my badass 5.45x39 open gun and the other on my Nordic/DPMS. I put a Red Neck Tactical throw lever on there and its ready to rock. The illumination sucks but I do a lot of night time shooting so it works for me;) I think I have about ~$300-350 in each optic setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom