Ring around Brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just started reloading, I have a Hornady LNL Progressive press. I was resizing some .40SW brass and I noticed a little ring close to the bottom of the casing. I ran my finger across it and there was a small "lip" I've made sure my die was seated per the manufacturer instructions. Do any of you LNL reloaders have any suggestions? I didn't know if it was due to a slight bulging of the casing or I have something set up wrong.
Thanks,
JEEPr

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you may be experiencing the dreaded "GLOCK" bulge. If they will chamber OK in your pistol I wouldn't worry about it, if not you will have to either scrap them or run them thru a Lee push thru sizing die that they designed just for the Glock brass, I think that Glock shooters should be considerate and pick up their brass and throw it in the scrap pile. IMHO some of those Glock chambers are borderline dangerous

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That makes sense I used to have a Glock 27. I was just making sure I wouldn't have case failure problems.

The ring is overly stretched brass, and the case WILL fail there. It may or may not be catastrophic. Better to toss it than have a nightmarish accident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom