Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I dont support this. Did you watch any of the live reporting tonight? There hadnt been any looting or violating anything tonite. Just typical protest control tactics by Law Enforcement. The Cops out numbered protesters tonight about 500 to 200.

So what is the issue about this?

You advocated the NG to come in to stop the riots. I help train NG and Army Reserve units in shooting when they come to our range . Our range pays for the ammo.

With current Government regulations the Army Reserves/NG get less than 500 round a year to qualify.

How can you expect the NG to quell a riot with that type of training? They get no additional training for crowd control in their normal duty's,

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So what is the issue about this?

You advocated the NG to come in to stop the riots. I help train NG and Army Reserve units in shooting when they come to our range . Our range pays for the ammo.

With current Government regulations the Army Reserves/NG get less than 500 round a year to qualify.

How can you expect the NG to quell a riot with that type of training? They get no additional training for crowd control in their normal duty's,

Oh pooh. What does shooting 500 rounds have to do with the conversation. The Guard is a Military Unit. The Militarys can protect a few protesters. Local Law Enforcement is doing a piss poor job in handling this situation. Anyone with eyes and a sense of patriotism can see whats being reported and the local boys effed up this whole situation.

Them local PDs are walking all over the rights of citizens. Whos standing up for citizens? Dont they have Constitutional Rights to assemble and protest.....free from Police intimidation tactics?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I dont support this. Did you watch any of the live reporting tonight? There hadnt been any looting or violating anything tonite. Just typical protest control tactics by Law Enforcement. The Cops out numbered protesters tonight about 500 to 200.

I watched quite a bit of live feed tonight, didn't see anything thrown at cops, no looting, no violence of any kind. But I did see people arrested for peaceful protesting and the freedom of the press restricted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You advocate the NG to protect the looters?

You think 500 rounds a year is adequate training?

They get no training In crowd control.

I have watched the live feeds. It's now a media event. No longer a protest.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You advocate the NG to protect the looters?
I advocate that the Guard protect protestors. Looters are another matter.
You think 500 rounds a year is adequate training?
Nope. But it's still more than a lot of police departments get.
I have watched the live feeds. It's now a media event. No longer a protest.
And where do you draw the line between the two? How many reporters take it from a "protest" to a "media event."

And--while we're on the subject--does the First Amendment not apply to "media events?" Again, distinguishing from active criminality--into which category looting would fall--what is acceptable in your world? What is protected by the Constitution, and--since you're judging--where would you, as a District Court judge--draw the line?

Does police officers threatening to shoot reporters for reporting accurately cross that line, or is that reporting just an unacceptable "media event?"

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the media began inflaming it to keep it alive is when I quit following the story. It overshadowed another event I was trying to follow; the airstrikes against ISIS. I have no idea what is going on with our air assets assisting the Kurdish move to retake the Mosul dam. All I was seeing on CNN were reporters trying to inflame the situation with all the looting and rioting. And it was the same on MSNBC and Fox. The gist I get is that news is media driven, spurred by ratings, and that the reporting of serious news is secondary in priority.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the media began inflaming it to keep it alive is when I quit following the story. It overshadowed another event I was trying to follow; the airstrikes against ISIS. I have no idea what is going on with our air assets assisting the Kurdish move to retake the Mosul dam. All I was seeing on CNN were reporters trying to inflame the situation with all the looting and rioting. And it was the same on MSNBC and Fox. The gist I get is that news is media driven, spurred by ratings, and that the reporting of serious news is secondary in priority.

Yep - and it's almost deer season, yet the media NEVER even mentions it. Totally ignoring the important stuff, keeping us distracted with this other crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom