Robotic pool vacuums?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, what is that long, skinny object extending out from the water return box? Is it a floating piece of Johnson grass or something?

Is that it?

Yes. Its actually 4" wide, the angle of the photo makes it look skinny. Its a debris skimmer that will clean floating debris from the surface of the pool amazingly quick. When I mow, there is usually a lot of grass that gets caught in the wind and blows into the pool. This will have it skimmed out in minutes vs hours without it.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going with a Dolphin pool cleaner this year. It plugs in and doesn't use the pool pump or booster pump
Thanks guys. I went to the pool place yesterday and looked at several that have been suggested. Talked it over with the "pool guy" at the store and I think I'm going with the Dolphin as it's self-contained, not relying on the pool pump or needing a booster (but damn it's expensive!)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Its actually 4" wide, the angle of the photo makes it look skinny. Its a debris skimmer that will clean floating debris from the surface of the pool amazingly quick. When I mow, there is usually a lot of grass that gets caught in the wind and blows into the pool. This will have it skimmed out in minutes vs hours without it.

Here is a pic of the skimmer. Can't imagine not having one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430931771.848506.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen one of those before. Does it fold back out of the way, or extend from within the collector box when in operation, or do you have to detach it by hand?

It stays in that position all the time unless I want to remove it. This is done by just lifting up on it.
It sits on a hexagonal pin so different angles can be used.
The bracket that has the pin on it is installed in 30 seconds with no tools.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430946665.221852.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430946678.115799.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom