Rock Island Armory 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cool jeff dont make fun of me. lol I love my red robin and i love that 16rnd pattern at 15yrds too!

Im not sure how that compares to all you guys who have been shooting awhile but being a novice Im proud of it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe I was told that these guns are made in an old colt factory, with the same tooling colt used, and the owner of the gun shop I asked was certain that these are of the same quality. I cant speak to the truth of it but its what I've heard.

horse dump

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the one I picked up this weekend from a fellow member...

i146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_20120310_234753.jpg
Dang if that dont look like a springer?

B

BeaverD

I have built one rock island, and it required alot of work to get it running well. No relief cut on the VIS and feed ramp angle was way off and rough. lose fitting slide and bad trigger, but i am really picky about my stuff. however with the right parts and throwing some money at it, it can run pretty good.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have built one rock island, and it required alot of work to get it running well. No relief cut on the VIS and feed ramp angle was way off and rough. lose fitting slide and bad trigger, but i am really picky about my stuff. however with the right parts and throwing some money at it, it can run pretty good.

You built a Rock Island? What did Rock Island do?

Latest posts

Top Bottom