Rock Island Armory 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my RIA 9mm, and just picked up the double stack 9mm for $350 from www.centerfiresystems.com. The single stack runs best with Tripp mags.
i606.photobucket.com_albums_tt144_jsutton68__EPC1578.jpg

RyAn007

Marksman
Reaction score
I believe I was told that these guns are made in an old colt factory, with the same tooling colt used, and the owner of the gun shop I asked was certain that these are of the same quality. I cant speak to the truth of it but its what I've heard.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys, here is a pic of my target using the RIA Match (and my FNP-9) excuse my lack of complete control when shooting haha. I ran one mag of 8 and one mag of 7 into this target. Once I was more comfortable with how to aim with it you can see where it drilled a large hole right under the 9.

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_photo3.jpg

I still really really like this handgun, yea it's no high end 1911 but the 100 rounds I ran through it today went down range without a single hiccup.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe I was told that these guns are made in an old colt factory, with the same tooling colt used, and the owner of the gun shop I asked was certain that these are of the same quality. I cant speak to the truth of it but its what I've heard.

Rule #1...The typical gunshop employee is less informed about firearms than my 8 year old niece.

I love my RIA, it's a reliable weapon, but it's no Colt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom