Romney on Gun Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I've said before: We don't live in a digital universe. Lots of shades of grey between black and white. Human beings must be flexible and adjust to a dynamic environment or they tend to break if they cannot adjust to a situation that requires flexibility.

Sometimes, in this case, is synonomous with flexibility.

A blade of grass will survive a wind storm while the mighty but inflexible oak will break.

I don't disagree in the slightest.

I am simply retaining your statement in the almost certain event that you will completely contradict yourself in some principled stand in the future and insist that the rest of us are unprincipled.

Michael Brown

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I confess that I am baffled by what some consider to be "practical." If it is "practical" to think short-term and only consider which candidate will be better in the next 4 years, rather than to consider the consequences to the party and the country in the long run if we keep electing statists, then I want no part of your "practicality." Personally, I do not see any conflict between my principals and what is practical. I believe that the most practical course of action is to live by my principles. If this were not the case, I would not consider those principles to be worth practicing.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I confess that I am baffled by what some consider to be "practical." If it is "practical" to think short-term and only consider which candidate will be better in the next 4 years, rather than to consider the consequences to the party and the country in the long run if we keep electing statists, then I want no part of your "practicality." Personally, I do not see any conflict between my principals and what is practical. I believe that the most practical course of action is to live by my principles. If this were not the case, I would not consider those principles to be worth practicing.

This. If allowed to keep fielding distatsteful candidates and win, the Republican party will NEVER change their MO.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming the GOP gets the Senate and retains House, then the only thing worse than a second Obama Presidency will be a first RINO presidency (like Romney or Perry). This is because if the country club republicans control both the legislative & executive branches, they can then pass their socially liberal agenda like the "gun show loophole plug", the "dream act" and the "Assault weapons ban". At least with Obama still in the White House, the GOP establishment will continue the pretence of being conservative like they have over the last 3 years.

Cain seems like the best choice, except for his 9-9-9 plan that creates a national sales tax (like the euro VAT) WITHOUT eliminating the income tax.

Latest posts

Top Bottom