Ron Paul Deserves A Proper Graph!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you quoted was about email... not web polls. If you'd like me to explain the difference I would be happy to help.

I have also seen reports this type thing was used in online polls.

I am trying to find the piece online about some of the other tricks used.

I have seen with my own eyes post in Ron Paul forums telling others how to delete their cookies so they could vote more then once in online polls. Add in the fact that Paul gets huge numbers in online polls but sucks in actual voting and it is pretty easy to see.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen with my own eyes post in Ron Paul forums telling others how to delete their cookies so they could vote more then once in online polls. Add in the fact that Paul gets huge numbers in online polls but sucks in actual voting and it is pretty easy to see.

cookies do not equal a botnet. If you'd like me to explain the difference I would be happy to help.

paul doesn't always get huge numbers in online polls. but when he does, grumpy people whine about it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You keep skipping over part of my post that applies, if you'd like me to explain it, I would be happy to help.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You keep skipping over part of my post that applies, if you'd like me to explain it, I would be happy to help.

You have claimed that a botnet was used to rig online polls. There is no evidence that this is the case. Nothing has been skipped unless it didn't apply.

Cookies are not a botnet.
Spam is not a poll-hacking botnet.

For good or bad he's overrepresented online, he's overrepresented in the 18-25 crowd... this is just the way it is. Making unsubstantiated claims about the group does not reflect poorly upon Paul.

Have fun and don't vote for the politician you like.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again for the reading impaired,

I have also seen reports this type thing was used in online polls.

I am trying to find the piece online about some of the other tricks used.

As I said, I am trying to find the piece online, and no it does not reflect poorly upon Paul, the tactics used reflects poorly on his supporters which makes people question Paul. If a good many of his followers are flakes, what is Paul? In the 1988 race he did not even win one percent of the vote, true he was not on the ballot in all states but if he had been on in the other 4 states what would he have won. 1%, maybe 2% if he was lucky? Yet they try to claim he has an army of followers. Even in primaries I think the best he has ever done is 10%.

And yes I will keep looking to see if I can find that piece online. It was from the 2008 race but still has to be somewhere.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again for the reading impaired,
Again for the reading impaired:
Spam is not a poll-hacking botnet.

<blah blah snip snip blah blah>
And yes I will keep looking to see if I can find that piece online. It was from the 2008 race but still has to be somewhere.

We'll be here when you have something more to add to the discussion.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I'm okay with Ron Paul getting his positions into the Republican primary conversation. There needs to be one insistent, vocal candidate that reminds us about our need for liberties and independence. And, anyone that beats up on central banking is okay in my book. I like much of what Paul says.

But, he's not the best option for the GOP in the general election, IMHO. Yes, the rabid Ron Paul supporters irritate me too (and often frighten me). But, it's good to get his positions and opinions and wisdom into the primary debate. This is a good thing.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know, I'm okay with Ron Paul getting his positions into the Republican primary conversation. There needs to be one insistent, vocal candidate that reminds us about our need for liberties and independence. And, anyone that beats up on central banking is okay in my book. I like much of what Paul says.

But, he's not the best option for the GOP in the general election, IMHO. Yes, the rabid Ron Paul supporters irritate me too (and often frighten me). But, it's good to get his positions and opinions and wisdom into the primary debate. This is a good thing.

Yes, we need more of the same! It's worked wonders so far!

Latest posts

Top Bottom