S.Potts Custom knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will start my run in the Knife section with this one I guess

9.5" total with file work on entire spine, and tang.
blade is 4 1/2" made from 3/16 stock thickness Alabama Damascus
handle is 416 stainless bolster, with white and nickel silver stacking, green stabilized cactus scales with Mosaic pins and tube.
Sheath is 8-9 oz leather dyed saddle tan.

Last edited:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the cactus and the Damascus contrast. I'm already a fan of Alabama Damascus stuff, but that combo (especially with the bolsters and the decorative pins) just really sets everything off perfectly.

Very nice.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the cactus and the Damascus contrast. I'm already a fan of Alabama Damascus stuff, but that combo (especially with the bolsters and the decorative pins) just really sets everything off perfectly.

Very nice.

if you have a busy blade and a busy handle you need a brake up there, I thought the 416 stainless bolster might just accomplish that. Some time I hit and some times I strike out, I have not heard back from the guy who ordered it yet, lets hope he likes it...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's beautiful! I want that full-length scrollwork over-and-under on my pair you're doing up, too! :D

And the next one I have you do for me I may go with that cactus. Love it!

I have no idea what kinds of options there are until I see something new you've done... how do I learn more about what's available to use? I have never heard of using some of the materials you use... stabilized cactus and pinecone, etc.

You gonna do me a kukri? :D

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's beautiful! I want that full-length scrollwork over-and-under on my pair you're doing up, too! :D

And the next one I have you do for me I may go with that cactus. Love it!

I have no idea what kinds of options there are until I see something new you've done... how do I learn more about what's available to use? I have never heard of using some of the materials you use... stabilized cactus and pinecone, etc.

You gonna do me a kukri? :D

OK, and sure but lets get project # 1 out of the way first...lol.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only experimental knives this weekend, each one of these was an experiment of some sort or the other, I will hold my opinion of how I think they turned out, and we will see what you guys think.

1st. OU knife I wanted to suspend a couple OU ear rings in casting resin.

8" total blade is 3 1/2". knife is made from 5/32" stock thickness cmp154cm stainless, sheath is 8-9 oz leather.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd experimental knife from this weekend

I wanted to try something different with the handle on this one.

nearly 8" total, blade is 3/16" stock thickness Alabama Damascus at 3 1/4" long. Handle is stabilized mesquite burl wit nickel silver bolster and copper/nickel silver Mosaic pins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom