S&W Bodyguard 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not normally one to go run out and buy the newest hot thing on YouTube, but I did this time. When I saw the BG 2.0 email from smith I was like oh okay they finally upgraded the old design. Then I started seeing videos on it and was impressed enough to go look at one.

I should have bought the one H&H had on launch cause it was the non safety version I wanted. But I had to think about it….🙄

IMG_3695.jpeg

After thinking on it, and moving a couple things to free up some $ I decided to add one to the safe and ended up grabbing one with the external safety yesterday.

IMG_3774.jpeg

IMG_3775.jpeg

So far I’m liking the size and feel but have yet to shoot it. Initial impressions are that it’s a solid little gun with my biggest gripe being the front sight, the tritium insert is yellow and not as bright as a green one. The safety, mag release and takedown lever are steel, and have a super aggressive texture to them that might act like sandpaper to a leather holster but it’s great for use. The engagement of the safety is very stiff but disengagement can be done with the side of the thumb but be warned it’s gonna leave a re mark, and probably develop a spot on the side of your thumb if ya do it a lot (I’ve decided I’ll be leaving mine in the off position). The flat faced trigger and striker fired action are substantially nicer than the old DA internal hammer design resulting in a much crisper feel. Trigger reset is a little long feeling for the size of the gun but manageable.

Overall I’m pleased and looking forward to shooting this one. Here’s a few pictures comparing the size to a couple NAA revolvers and a G19 size pistol

IMG_3776.jpeg
IMG_3777.jpeg
IMG_3778.jpeg

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a chance to shoot a 1.0 version. I don't consider myself an expert, or a trigger snob. But that 1.0 had probably the longest trigger pull of any one pistol I've ever shot. Seemed like an eternity. Guess it might be an added sense of safety if it were carried in a pocket?
I’ve had a couple of the original ones and agree the long trigger travel was excessive. They really were a decent gun when they came out. I was mildly interested in a Ruger lcp max but was just eh when I got to fondle one. But the BG 2.0 is basically a micro shield I feel.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one with the safety on purpose. The safety is very stiff. I worked it a few times and it loosened up considerably. Haven't cleaned or shot it yet.
I get it for a pocket pistol but a hardly ever carry in the pocket myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom