S&W M&P .22 Compact - Fun Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently traded a Ruger Mk III for this little pistola; it is 87.5% the size of a full size M&P...a little bigger than the Shield to put it in perspective. The gun comes with a threaded barrel and 2 10-round magazines. It is incredibly simple to take down for cleaning, (unlike the Mk III) has an adjustable rear sight, has nice balance and points well. So far, it has ran well with everything except Winchester Bulk ammo. That crap should just be banned! Anyway, it is very accurate for a plinker .22, just point and shoot! Okay; maybe not quite as accurate as the Mk III, but it is plenty accurate for popping cans, charcoal briquettes, holes in paper, those little cheap pop-up targets they sell at Wally World, etc. I like this gun. I got 4 extra mags now for it for a total of 6 mags; Midway USA had 'em on sale for $17.95, they are like $32 if you buy from S&W website. This thing was obviously made to compete with the Sig Mosquito, Ruger SR-22, and the Walther P-22. I think it is a much better buy for all around fun than the full size M&P .22, or the aforementioned, some folks might like the bigger M&P .22 , but I think the Compact is better made. You will have to compare for yourself and decide of course, but that's my take. If you are in the market for a fun plinker than is damn accurate and reliable, you should take a look at this gun. I think I'm going to keep it; now that I have invested in 4 extra mags and stumbled onto a bunch of .22lr ammo, at Walmart of all places, and in the middle of the day, I need to try to wear it out! Fun stuff!

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought the m&p22 full size as a suppressor host. My wife is left handed and the full size is ambidextrous. I can live with the left handed slide lock but a rh gives her a hard time. since she suggested the suppressor idea I need to make it easy as I can for her. She also has a m&p9c set up for lh so this is easy for her to transition. At the range last week we were loading cheap ammo a friends new colt 1911 22 failed to fire with no malfunctions. My only gripe is it came with only 1 mag, ill have to check midway